Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think I'm just to dumb for quick books. But I need a change of some kind I dread doing bills and entering receipts.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=Roger;4543877]I've never heard of anybody here speaking of bugs in QB.

Tell us about "automatic invoicing." The template is YOUR choice. You have the opportunity to establish many different templates in a library, keep as many active/inactive as you wish, and have the choice of which active one to use when creating an Invoice.

What problem is there to fix? Support for QB is for a limited time after activating the license, not unlike any other software.[/QUOTE I have disabled all templates except for mine and qb still randomly changes memorized invoices to the "disabled " system default template. As far as bugs, 75 percent of the user comments on Amazon for qb are negative because of bugs and bloat.
The automatic invoicing is memorized invoices that automatic post at specified intervals, but it is useless to me because qb randomly changes the templates on me. Therefore I have to do one at time making sure each transaction is using the correct template. In the spirit of the Obama phone girl.... QuickBooks just sucks.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
what do y'all use for billing I bought quick books and don't like it. Part of it I think is my felt in that I can't figure it out I do not want to Itemize everything is showing as a expense. I just got off landscaping billing and it looks ok but is there a place to do expenses on the full version.
For automated invoicing and billing I use a program that I bought when I owned a web hosting company. It's geared more toward web hosting, but is pretty customizable and self hosted. So I customized it to fit my needs for automated invoicing and billing. If you would like more info on it, feel free to pm me.
50" Toro zero turn
36" John Deere WB
Husqvarna 22" push mower
Echo trimmers,edger and blower
Other misc rakes, shovels etc.

www.fatzlawncare.com
Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

It sounds like Quicken Home & Business would work for you.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Member

We've used Quickbooks for the past 3 years now and it is worth every penny to us. Yes it was a nightmare to figure out and it did take a year or so to figure out all the odds and ends, but their support for us has been wonderful. Tax payments, payroll, everything is linked with our bank account and debit cards so you can see what is being spent on fuel, mower parts, etc.. The iphone app has been wonderful as well being able to access customer addresses/phone numbers that are in the system quickly while you are out in the field. About 90% of our customers have an email on file which makes sending estimates, and monthly invoices a breeze. They also have a feature to accept credit cards. By far the best system we've used IMO!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

For the first 4 years I used lawnpro 3.13. it is good for scheduling but really sucks for accounting. This year I starting using QB and after a tremendous learning curve for me, it is working better than ever. It has many safeguards to prevent you from putting yourself into a tax liability and interacts well with my banking needs. Take your time. Learn every aspect you can about QB. It is an ACCOUNTING software and it can either help you or kill you.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Different features are are really important to different folks. Billing, payments, invoicing, are ways your software interfaces with your customer. Then there's record keeping, tax planning, asset management and profit and loss statements. Those are metrics for your business. There are hundreds of options and as stated here Quickbooks is the 500lb gorilla and if you have an accountant they're probably familiar with it.

I wrote a blog post covering some of the existing and up and comers if want to just see a quick rundown and pricing info for things like freshbooks, jobber etc.

http://blog.servicevines.com/?p=174
Old 10-12-2012, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Qucikbooks is where its at. We have wasted thousands of dollars on other programs (Service CEO) and they are all garbage. Very confusing and a lot of start up integration.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Sponsor

If you haven't tried our free demo we encourage you to do so - we also have snow removal software as well - Blizzard Buster - http://www.adkad.com

Adkad Technologies
GroundsKeeper Pro Business Software
www.adkad.com
(P) 800.586.4683
Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdkadTechnologies View Post
If you haven't tried our free demo we encourage you to do so - we also have snow removal software as well - Blizzard Buster - http://www.adkad.com
I have downloaded your demo lawn software and have a question. is it possible to load customer information into this software utilizing a *.csv file?