Old 10-18-2012, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

G6 blades for a lazer z hp, 44" cut , i cant find it anywhere
Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwin30 View Post
G6 blades for a lazer z hp, 44" cut , i cant find it anywhere
What's the OEM part number for blades on your machine?...any of the OEM blades recommended for it.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Member

653101 is the oem blade part #
Old 10-18-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwin30 View Post
653101 is the oem blade part #
Doesn't look like they make them in 15 1/4. It's kind of an oddball size. Oregon does make a high lift Gator for it, but not the same thing. If it's not listed on the Oregon site I don't think it exists, which is probably why nobody sells them.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Doesn't look like they make them in 15 1/4. It's kind of an oddball size. Oregon does make a high lift Gator for it, but not the same thing. If it's not listed on the Oregon site I don't think it exists, which is probably why nobody sells them.

OP
I can tell you first hand that darryl is technically correct that it isn't the same blade, but just so you know, it will do the exact same thing.

I was going to post the part number for it earlier today when you first asked about getting help for your 44", but didn't since you asked for the G6. The blade is 2.5" wide vs 3" for the G6, .203" vs .250", and it doesn't have the fusion treatment, but it has the exact same lift and design as the G6. I have a set of them for my old JD garden tractor, and other than the width, thickness and fusion treatment, they are ideantical to the G6's and do the exact same thing, but are easier to spin with lower HP engines. Basically, they are G5's that are 2.5" vs 3".

The part # is- 96-320
Old 10-18-2012, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's not the same Ridin'. Because it's only 2.5 inches the sail isn't as big so it doesn't have the same lift. I don't know what thread it is, but I specifically remember the Oregon rep discussing this...that's why they made them 3 inches wide, to be able to get the big sail for the increased lift.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
It's not the same Ridin'. Because it's only 2.5 inches the sail isn't as big so it doesn't have the same lift. I don't know what thread it is, but I specifically remember the Oregon rep discussing this...that's why they made them 3 inches wide, to be able to get the big sail for the increased lift.
Sorry bro, but that's not correct. I have both and when you lay them side by side, or end to end to compare the lift and shape/design of the sail, they are identical and even have the same number of teeth. I have been waiting for the G5's for that tractor ever since they were announced and have communicated with Dennis on many occasions over the course of this year. I just called Oregon a month and a half ago to find out the status of the G5's and I gave them the part # for the G5's Dennis gave me early last spring. They are still not available, so I checked through the site for something similar and saw the 3-1 high lift Gators for my tractor. The specs for all the critical dimensions are the exact same (and in the case of the blade that I just gave the part number for, for the OP's 44" HP, the 3-1 lift is actually an eight inch higher than all the G6's for any machine- 1 3/8" vs 1 1/4"). I ordered a set of the 3-1 high lifts from a local dealer and have used them now with complete saisfaction. They do the same thing that the G6's do (or G5's would do). The first thing I did was compare them to my other sets of G6's to check the lift design and shape, as well as the actual height. No difference. I know that one reason Dennis said they had to go to 3" was to get the lift, but that must have been for just a few particular blades somewhere so they ended up making it an across the board deal or something, because the have done it with the 3-1 high lifts that are 2 1/2" wide.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

OK, be sure to tell the factory rep that, lol. I'm outta here...I'll be on another board. Enjoy the 570 and maybe some day you can step up to the 580
Old 10-18-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No need to tell or point out anything to anyone. They pointed the 3-1's out to me when I called, and I asked about the lift specs to make sure before I orered them to avoid making a mistake.

I actually thought about you yesterday when I was blowing wet leaves into a pile to tarp. I wish I owned a video camera so I could post some links to vids of what the 570 can do. The pile was easily 18" deep (and getting deeper as I went along), 15' long, and 8' front to back. I was moving them along very easily at just under 3/4 throttle, and that's when your video came to mind. I remember thinking this would make a great example of what these big blowers can do.

Hey, in the words of Motley Crue- Don't go away mad. Just go away.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I wish they made the G6 for the Exmark 56 Triton. I have the 3 n 1 blades and they do great, but the G6 really plowed threw the thick stuff on my other machines.