Register free!

Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had to look so hard to read between the lines,

THANK YOU !!!!!
and
I think i better start practicing my appologys....

I'll be back

.........todays controllers, lol

Last edited by RhettMan; 10-19-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

...and I love yall

forever

okay....thats it, no more Lite, Peace
Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
Taking into account your anal nature it suprizes me that the water gods have placed you in the barrel on your own home.

Since i know you followed the crews and anything that didn't pass the white glove test was addressed personally, i too am dazed and confused.
I did address it personally. Redoing straps, adding straps, isolators, thrust blocks, foam .... to be honest I don't know where this knocking could be taking place.

Quote:
Could you have a leak in the main before the house?
Not likely. It is all new(ish) SCH80 PVC personally installed by me.

Quote:
What about backflow?
Backflow is not part of the house system. It is isolated before a whole house water filter, and there is no irrigation on the lot.

Quote:
Is the supply copper or pex? pex moves a lot, even when strapped firmly. Could debris be in the line?
Copper, type L throughout the house. 1" cold water main, to 3/4" laterals, to 1/2" at the outlets. The amount of 1/2" on the toilets is about less than 1 foot before it hits 3/4" and about 9 feet before it hits the 1" main. On this particular toilet, it is just the stub out length that is done in 1/2". There might still be some debris in the lines that aren't in service yet. They have been "flushed", but not really flushed well IMO.

Quote:
Have you placed gauges on spigots and bibs to measure pressure when flushing, done a meter check or purchased a buttload of beer? I have a feeling a lot of brewskies will be consumed before this puzzle is solved.
I have done none of these, but the beer sounds like a good idea. Got other fish to fry right now. I do have gauges before and after my water filter so I can track filter performance. I did have some air in the lines that was causing my water heater to kick on momentarily when the toilet valve closed, but I got that air out. I have seen some pretty wild fluctuations in city pressure, but it doesn't make it through the filter.

The wall that holds the toilet plumbing. First pic is how the plumber left it, 2nd pic is how I fixed it.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

but what makes an ESP-SMT send current to at least one or more of the zone valves, even in the OFF position (yet not the MV)
Old 10-19-2012, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

further, a flow control bonnet MV: in the completely open postiton (concerning flow control), would be similar to a non-FC bonnet, correct?

or in other words, if FC all the way open, with main and laterals empty, velocity could be potential quite high if i understand correctly?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettMan View Post
velocity* could be potential quite high if i understand correctly?
*and/or flow?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I did address it personally. Redoing straps, adding straps, isolators, thrust blocks, foam .... to be honest I don't know where this knocking could be taking place.

Not likely. It is all new(ish) SCH80 PVC personally installed by me.

Backflow is not part of the house system. It is isolated before a whole house water filter, and there is no irrigation on the lot.

Copper, type L throughout the house. 1" cold water main, to 3/4" laterals, to 1/2" at the outlets. The amount of 1/2" on the toilets is about less than 1 foot before it hits 3/4" and about 9 feet before it hits the 1" main. On this particular toilet, it is just the stub out length that is done in 1/2". There might still be some debris in the lines that aren't in service yet. They have been "flushed", but not really flushed well IMO.

I have done none of these, but the beer sounds like a good idea. Got other fish to fry right now. I do have gauges before and after my water filter so I can track filter performance. I did have some air in the lines that was causing my water heater to kick on momentarily when the toilet valve closed, but I got that air out. I have seen some pretty wild fluctuations in city pressure, but it doesn't make it through the filter.

The wall that holds the toilet plumbing. First pic is how the plumber left it, 2nd pic is how I fixed it.
The answer to your dilemma may be the answer to this question "why does a whale, the largest animal on the face of the earth, only have a throat the size of a dinner plate?"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2012, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Defective faceplate circuitboard or ribbonstrip
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
The answer to your dilemma may be the answer to this question "why does a whale, the largest animal on the face of the earth, only have a throat the size of a dinner plate?"
Posted via Mobile Device
California you say?
Old 10-19-2012, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettMan View Post
California you say?
kiril you silly, not you rhett.

in response to your controller question.
Posted via Mobile Device