Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Whats class CDL do you have to get ? And you can test with your truck and trailer? I too am close to getting a dump trailer and want the biggest I can get within reason.
Class A. And ya you can test with a truck and trailer.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-19-2012, 12:12 AM
TriCountyLawn's Avatar
TriCountyLawn TriCountyLawn is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Class A. And ya you can test with a truck and trailer.

I guess I always assumed the class A was for semi trucks..or you had to at least test in a big truck or something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-19-2012, 10:02 AM
MDLawn MDLawn is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,284
I wonder if I could take the test in my 12,600lb F350 and 14k derated from the factory to 13,200lb dump trailer. Puts me at 25,800 or what would have been 26,600 GCWR.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 AM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
I wonder if I could take the test in my 12,600lb F350 and 14k derated from the factory to 13,200lb dump trailer. Puts me at 25,800.
I think u just answered your own question.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM
MDLawn MDLawn is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
I think u just answered your own question.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey man a guy can hope.......
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-19-2012, 01:28 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,183
Can you borrow a 450 or bigger trailer from someone
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
I guess I always assumed the class A was for semi trucks..or you had to at least test in a big truck or something like that.
Class A is for semi trucks. And for for combo over 26k where the trailer is over 10k.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
I wonder if I could take the test in my 12,600lb F350 and 14k derated from the factory to 13,200lb dump trailer. Puts me at 25,800 or what would have been 26,600 GCWR.
No. There is a reason why it was derated.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 PM
ParkWelding ParkWelding is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Averill Park, NY
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
No. There is a reason why it was derated.
If you read the thread, he requested it from the manufacturer. I thought the CDL police would have caught that.
__________________
01 Ford F350 4x4 7.3PSD
04.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9CTD
12 Stealth 8.5x20 Enclosed Trailer
10 Load Trail 7x14 Dump Trailer
Toro Grandstand 52 23hp Kawi
Toro G3 60 34hp Kawi
Stihl MS192T 021 MS260pro MS260 MS460magnum
ECHO Trimmers/Blowers
JRCO Rakes
TracVac Aerator
Miller Trailblazer 275DC
Miller MM251/30A
Miller Dialarc 250
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-19-2012, 08:01 PM
MDLawn MDLawn is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkWelding View Post
If you read the thread, he requested it from the manufacturer. I thought the CDL police would have caught that.
My tag on the trailer reads 13,200 not 14,000. So it's rated at 13,200. They gave a new VIN label that states this. So the trailer and my truck are under CDL because the labels say so.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Page generated in 0.07344 seconds with 10 queries