Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Greendoctor,
Agreed!
I am still around thank goodness after being exposed numerous times to Chlordane, Lindane, Chlorpyrifos, and nicotine sulfates.
There is a more in depth reason besides a herbicide like MSMA that controls pretty much foliar burning to eliminate a weed through starvation.
You, Skipster, Ric all have good points as to the removal of older herbicides as a scientific stard, but I feel that my responses is a little basic but the fact still stands.
There has been thousands of products removed from the market for reasons of toxicity...yet it is still sold, used and imported back to us from foreign markets that has no strict standards.
The US Customs Dept. can't catch them all, especially those products that slips into our seaboards.
I do not; for a second feel that all loss is from improper management and application of these products. If the same formulation is made for the general consumer) no wonder it is under fire from the industry. There is more products flushed down toilets, into ditches, waterways than one can imagine. (It is not from the Professional). It very well may be resistance that springs to mind first.!!
I have read that, once a product becomes the cure all in the industry standard, it becomes infiltrated and saturated into deep cracks. The product is like any product.......once the saturation is completed, it isn't a necessary money maker and must be removed. So, the only legal way to remove a standard use product is to scheme a Medical condition as a result of and have it sent to the RUP sector. From there it is subjected to review and a lot of paperwork.
Since all States do not mandate strict management of herbicide, insecticide uses to be documented, it is impossible to distinguish negligent uses. All the industry can do is trace all containers purchased. They cannot trace who, what, where, when and why!!!
This is just how I feel!!!!!
I know this has nothing to do with calculating the N content of Iron liquid so sorry for highjacking this thread.
So if products is mismanaged.......lets not blame the industry, it is those that represent the industry. Like I said--" If the materials are not forced on the exams, then who is really to blame?" I am for not going beyond the bun in education......but that is because I dont use liquid fers much. The other is the industry leaders of each state for not being responsible themselves for higher learning.