Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-22-2012, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What! With proper ISP or delay timing of zones and research into re-charge, what's the big deal?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

[QUOTE= I was briefly looking at some numbers as far as flow and pressure and to use golf course heads like the hunter valve in heads we need 100 psi and roughly 80 gpm which means 3" main, which probably means gasketed pipe.

No, a gasket type pipe is not necessary for the limited flow and pressure you are quoting. Also, dependent upon the environmental/site conditions, flow rate per zone may end up with differing requirements. Things like turf type, slope, elevation above irrigation point source, degree/duration of sunlight/shade, usage of site - all go into properly designing the system.

So now i am thinking I40's with opposing nozzles. But I know there are issues that arise with reclaimed water where water treatment to prevent lawn diseases can arise.[/QUOTE]

The "issue" as you identify it deals more with the type of pipe/valve/irrigation head component selection than actual concern over reclaimed water use and C3 turf irrigation requirements.

Unless you have some really weird elevation concerns, this sounds like an "off the shelf" component system.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I used 10,000 gallons per acre, because we use 27,000 gallons per acre-inch, so watering an acre three times weekly to the nominal standard of an inch of watering gets you to a 10,000 gal tank to even supply one cycle of watering on an acre. Multiply by the number of acres, times the number of weeks worth of water you are trying to store, and you got one bigass storage tank.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
I used 10,000 gallons per acre, because we use 27,000 gallons per acre-inch, so watering an acre three times weekly to the nominal standard of an inch of watering gets you to a 10,000 gal tank to even supply one cycle of watering on an acre. Multiply by the number of acres, times the number of weeks worth of water you are trying to store, and you got one bigass storage tank.
T'was what i was getting at.

The OP hasn't seen prints nor the site and has no idea of the scope of work to be done, just what hes been told.

Once he sees the prints he'll know more and share the specs with us i hope.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Outside of an abandoned missile silo, I can't visualize a big enough storage tank.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Outside of an abandoned missile silo, I can't visualize a big enough storage tank.
You still don't get it. Next thing we'll hear from you is how to water acres with maxi-paws.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
You still don't get it. Next thing we'll hear from you is how to water acres with maxi-paws.
Good one dad .... SPOT ON!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Damn straight I don't get having lake water to irrigate with, and giving a rat's ass about additional storage tanks.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
T'was what i was getting at.

The OP hasn't seen prints nor the site and has no idea of the scope of work to be done, just what hes been told.

Once he sees the prints he'll know more and share the specs with us i hope.
Posted via Mobile Device
And pics! At this point I don't know whats in the budget, or the quality of water. Will post more information when I get it. Thanks for the input
Old 10-23-2012, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Why the screwin around with storage tanks if you can draw direct off the lake? 80gpm on golf heads is nothing, the heads im used to blow through 45gpm each... im thinking you should go with an on-demand pump on a vfd.