Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2012, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

2006 John Deere Z-757

Okay, So Back in 2006 I bought 5 JD 757's. I put 4 in service and kept one at my house. The 4 put in service are long gone, very good machines and money well spent. The one I keep at my house has pretty much been my baby, now just hit 400 hours. I havent done anything to it but put belts on it and changed the oil. It has a Kawasaki 25 hp and a 60 inch deck.

Well it ran flawlessly until today when I had the bright idea to run sea foam through it, as I have never cleaned the carb. Well after injecting the sea foam with the engine running, into the carb, I waited until it bogged down and shut it off. I waited like 15 minutes to let it soak and tried to restart. Sounds like it jumped timing. It will run very ragged for about 5 seconds and then shut off. I think I screwed something up but turning it off and letting it soak. I pulled the valvecovers and everything seems fine, no bent push rods and everything is nice and tight. I find it improbable that something like the fuel pump or coils failed at this precise moment, but im not ruling anything out.

Has anyone else come across this issue?