Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-23-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
You could always write your own software.
Since you're such a good son, why don't you build "Oasis" for me? By the way, will you make it Mac compatible?

rainmaster.com/central_system.htm
Old 10-23-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

....and include an option where you don't have to go on the roof to flush a toilet....
Old 10-23-2012, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
....and include an option where you don't have to go on the roof to flush a toilet....
Why make such a big deal out of this? All you need is the right equipment.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2012, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Guys, please give me some grace. I hate throwing my 2 cents in when it comes to endorsing products in this forum, so I do this only in hopes it might help someone with a tight budget or to help you guys sell a job based on the following. The Hunter IMMS Central Control Software can be obtained for free as a "demo" disc. It is fully functional for one, and only one, controller. The minute you need to fire up two or more controllers you need to buy the software. However, it lets someone who wants all the bells and whistles for his own home or estate take advantage of the software for free. The caveat (you knew this was coming) is that you do need to buy the manufacturer's controller and associated communications hardware to fire this critter up. With demo software you are limited to LAN/Ethernet, Phone Modem, Hardwire, or GPRS Cell COM Modules. UHF radio would require a second controller, used as a hub, for radio communications and necessitate the purchase of the full version software. Hope this helps. Thanks guys. Always interesting and informative.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTekGeek View Post
Guys, please give me some grace. I hate throwing my 2 cents in when it comes to endorsing products in this forum, so I do this only in hopes it might help someone with a tight budget or to help you guys sell a job based on the following. The Hunter IMMS Central Control Software can be obtained for free as a "demo" disc. It is fully functional for one, and only one, controller. The minute you need to fire up two or more controllers you need to buy the software. However, it lets someone who wants all the bells and whistles for his own home or estate take advantage of the software for free. The caveat (you knew this was coming) is that you do need to buy the manufacturer's controller and associated communications hardware to fire this critter up. With demo software you are limited to LAN/Ethernet, Phone Modem, Hardwire, or GPRS Cell COM Modules. UHF radio would require a second controller, used as a hub, for radio communications and necessitate the purchase of the full version software. Hope this helps. Thanks guys. Always interesting and informative.
We run Rainbird IQ, ET Water and Tucor systems, but have yet to try the IMMS system. I guess I am a little hesitant to try due to all the rumors about Hunter coming out with a new system. Can you share any information or elaborate a little on this?

THX
Old 10-24-2012, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I almost wet my pants how cool that was.

Could I keep temp-tennants from turning OFF the water bill? Ethics, Yes, Oh!, and keep them from un-plugging it?

Can multiple-systems be operated from my PC?
And I can control the systems operation year-round without scheduling a garage door opening?
How far?

Sorry so many questions, I will wet my pants too, if it does this magic.

Ten Thousand?
Well how do you get it?

Last edited by RhettMan; 10-24-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
A young buck could manage the bucket of water up a ladder, and save toward the RM software......

.....though he might have to pay yall to install it..

all the more reason for your 10k methods?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I have started using a controller made by Aqua Management. No software to buy. Everything is online so it can be controlled by cell phone, tablet, or pc. It has flow sensing and weather station capabilities. I have put in 30 or so this year and so far they are working well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2012, 03:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Weathermatic Smartlink?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hunter is a good option.
RB okay.
ET Water
Weathermatic
Signature has a nice homeowner model, computer controlled.
RainMaster
Calsense

All options, in no particular order. RM and Calsense a pretty penny, some of the others, still a good penny.