Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There's actually another option besides the blower buggy for mounting a wheel blower on a mower. It was designed for the Little Wonders but the manufacturer says it will work with the Billy Goat Quiet Blows too. The blower actually hitches directly to a hitch mount attached to the mower that hold it up in the air...no wheels. They never got back to me whether it would work with my mower though. It's about $200. It's called the Wonder Hitch.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

yea I actually came across their sponsor on the left of the page earlier....alot cheaper then the jrco.......seen a guy had a jrco for $175 on here earlier but he was in georgia I think.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a wonder hitch. Works great but it takes weight off the rear of the mower and tends to make it hard to back up sometimes
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2012, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Member

All I have is a belt-driven metro.......would probably work nice on a hydro walk-behind...or I could just go in circles all day.....lol
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
There's actually another option besides the blower buggy for mounting a wheel blower on a mower. It was designed for the Little Wonders but the manufacturer says it will work with the Billy Goat Quiet Blows too. The blower actually hitches directly to a hitch mount attached to the mower that hold it up in the air...no wheels. They never got back to me whether it would work with my mower though. It's about $200. It's called the Wonder Hitch.
too high off the ground....same reason i chose the little wonder over a billy goat, the chute is lower to the ground, which does a better job cleaning, vs a billy goat has the air pushing down at the ground first.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Ya that does look a little high off the ground.

Daryl, I adjusted the chute down a couple turns and while I was there, sure as **** the front bolts needed a couple turns, thanks for the heads up. You woulda been proud today, had the goat going, back pack on and a rake, feeding the loader.....talk about burning the candle at both ends...but wow I was making huge progress. Got over half the cemetery done and it was no where near the nightmare I thought it was going to be.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Glad it's working out for you. Yeah, hardware tends to loosen a lot on mine...anything that isn't a Nylock.

I find the handheld chute control really handy but wish you could lock it into more than one postion...you kind of have to compromise on the adjustment between it scouring when locked into position, being able to point down a slope and being able to point it up to blow over a wall or not blast a car in a parking lot with sand. I couldn't figure out how to lock mine at first....had to put my face under there and take a look to see how it worked.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Yea...I haven't figure out how to lock it, took a pull strap with me......lol
Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lol...well it only locks in one postion, which is like in the middle of it's range....how do i explain this....squeeze it and then pull it like you were trying to pull it off it's pivot from the end of the handle. It will lock in place. Not like anything I've ever used before.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know if you saw this thread...common problem with these engines. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=390589