Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-24-2012, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I say get a 7x12 sa. I run a 7x16 dual with a 52z and a 48wb plus all the other stuff. I have found more and more that I want to go smaller. I looked a a enclosed 6x12 just would not work me. I realy want a 7 or 8x12/13 with a 5k axle. That way most days I could run just the z but when the wb was needed it would fit and I had some breathing room on weight. I say stay small for now then get bigger stuff as you need it.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You need to find out width of a mower plus the width with a side discharge bagging system attached.

A 60" deck is actually wider then 5' then if the discharge system adds one foot more width then the set up won't fit on a 6' trailer.

So you have to do your homework.

What have you thought about length?

I run a small trailer my 42" goes in first then a 20" push goes in side ways last.

I want to get a 36" WB for the steep grades, and where I can't get my 42" through a small gate so I don't have to use the 20" to do the whole back yard then.

You need to think what size mowers you may want to eventually run your route with so you won't out grow the trailer that you buy now.

Whether I stay solo or not I know that I will have at least a 20", a 36", a 48" - 60" some day. I know that many large mowers are 6' long. So fitting two 6' mowers front to back may not fit on a 12' long trailer.

When/if I upgrade next year I'm going to look for a 6.5' x 14' trailer with a single axle.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
You need to find out width of a mower plus the width with a side discharge bagging system attached.

A 60" deck is actually wider then 5' then if the discharge system adds one foot more width then the set up won't fit on a 6' trailer.

So you have to do your homework.

What have you thought about length?

I run a small trailer my 42" goes in first then a 20" push goes in side ways last.

I want to get a 36" WB for the steep grades, and where I can't get my 42" through a small gate so I don't have to use the 20" to do the whole back yard then.

You need to think what size mowers you may want to eventually run your route with so you won't out grow the trailer that you buy now.

Whether I stay solo or not I know that I will have at least a 20", a 36", a 48" - 60" some day. I know that many large mowers are 6' long. So fitting two 6' mowers front to back may not fit on a 12' long trailer.

When/if I upgrade next year I'm going to look for a 6.5' x 14' trailer with a single axle.

Agree. I wish someone had told me that when I was looking at trailers.

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...