Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-29-2012, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I sorry Guys but unless you are using multiply Nozzles and 50 different Products at Different speeds, I feel you are over thinking a simple process.

From the Number Given you are able to spray 1.65 acres or just under 72 K. from a 60 gallon tank at a rate of 36.4 Gallon per acre. Calibration now becomes very simple. 72 is the Magic number for a full tank and a half tank would have a magic number half that or 36.

Read your label and even write the per thousand rate on the Pesticide Jug. Now just Multiply that per thousand rate times your permanent Magic number of 72 for a full tank or 36 for a half tank, 18 for a 1/4 tank etc.

OK put a fork in me because I am done with this thread. I don't feel I can add any thing more that could be absorbed.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Keep the pressure the same as soon as you find a pressure that suits your needs and you calibrate with water using that same pressure. Same speed, also. Calibrate so that you always apply between 100 and 110 percent of the amount you intended. Time consuming--but its the only way to be professional about it. Once you have it dialed in...the rest is easy and quick.

Are you using a roller pump? You can probably get away with a few sprays using Roundup, but I suspect it is acidic and causes rust, and you may need to rinse it out and clean your rig with tank cleaner and neutralizing solution. But I am guessing--others with actual experience can better advise you.
Yes, I am using a Rollerpump. The reason I was building a spread sheet is to do quick calculations regardless of what I was doing without having to waste product and be more efficient with product. I can change 7 spray tips very fast on the boom and quickly size how much product I need for any specific job. With the spread sheet, if I have a small job, I could simply fill with 10-15 gal of water and a small dose of juice and be done with it. Thanks for your help.
P. S. my old brain has gotten so weak, I have to use a computer and my pencil is broken.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Member

with my tractor I can not get 5 mph in low gear and in high gear it is difficult to get the rate correct for speed. The nozzle lit gives me rate from 4 thru 8 mph so in my spread sheet I use 6 mph then devide the product that it calls for for the tank by 2. I find it a lot easier for doing cut up acreage to work in low gear as the tractor does 3.8 mph wide open and about 3 mph at the recommended PTO speed on the tach.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

I sorry Guys but unless you are using multiply Nozzles and 50 different Products at Different speeds, I feel you are over thinking a simple process.

From the Number Given you are able to spray 1.65 acres or just under 72 K. from a 60 gallon tank at a rate of 36.4 Gallon per acre. Calibration now becomes very simple. 72 is the Magic number for a full tank and a half tank would have a magic number half that or 36.

Read your label and even write the per thousand rate on the Pesticide Jug. Now just Multiply that per thousand rate times your permanent Magic number of 72 for a full tank or 36 for a half tank, 18 for a 1/4 tank etc.

OK put a fork in me because I am done with this thread. I don't feel I can add any thing more that could be absorbed.

fumblefingers

I have one question only. HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU PAST THE CPO TEST???

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.