Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess you'all noticed the similiarities in CRA and crap.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I overnighted my counter proposal 60 days ago and have heard nothing. Called the Imprelis hotline Monday and was told "there is mo sense in calling, they will get back to you when they do". I signed with a law firm last night. I want to thank everyone that contributes to this forum. I will continue to follow discussion and I hope someday this will just be a bad memory for all of us.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2012, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
Hello Michiman! Until you get an independent assessment of the actual damages on your property you may not fully realize the full scope of what you need in compensation. For example, an independent report on my property showed double the damage than what DuPont's folks showed. Two arborists told me they've never seen a tree fully recover from even being rated a 1 or 2 by DuPont's hired team. The question is, even if the dead part can be pruned away, will it ever grow the same again? Is it stunted? Instead of it growing at a normal rate, will it grow by 25%? We are left with some grim possibilities that are being studied and documented.

This definitely appears to be sound advice. I'm not sure it's going to be worth waiting on Dupont much longer. The more I read, the less I feel Dupont will make us a real fair offer. My friend did appear to get a prety reasonable offer but I believe he tried to counter to get the service fee paid directly... hope his offer didn't go to the bottom of the pile also.

Is Dupont replacing "3" rated white pines and Scot's pines or are they only offering maintenance? I couldn't tell by the one offer I saw because they were all 1,2 or 4 and 5 rated.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
Hi Michiman,

I hired an aborist off the Dupont list to look at my trees before Dupont and Davey came out so I'd be more informed and was told the same thing, that they haven't seen a tree with Imprelis damage recover and they listed all my trees with curling or damage for replacement. They were on target, my trees that were marked 1's are toasted.
Thank you for your response, I have a beautiful 11' to 12' dogwood that has branches that are drooping beyond belief. I couldn't figure out why I was pushing the braches out of my way last year as I cut the lawn. This year they have probably drooped another foot or two and the leaves look real badly cupped. The Davey arborist (Read: tree trimmer) that came out said what I was witnessing was due to weight of the branches. Did he think I couldn't tell the difference of a tree I had on my property for 18 years?

I have a 5' Japanese maple that I could never aford to replace. Both the dogwwod and this tree were rated "1". It didn't look the same this year and the colors did not show their normal vibrant fall colors or last fall. The foliage was nowhere near as full as normal and the spring leaves did not break out normally.

I originally thought Dupont was making a real effort to make things right but now, from all my reading, it appears they have taken a new approach.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcabo7 View Post
Sent my rejection letter 56 days ago with a 60 day settlement requirement. Just got off the phone with the hotline and I am in line for Davey to re-evaluate my site. Funny because Davey never assessed my place to begin with, my LCO did...which they made a killing on.

Needless to say settlement money will not be in my hands in 4 days therefore they have forced me to file a lawsuit. They lawyer I attain will have the choice to get my money from Dupont or my LCO. I don't care anymore just like they don't care about us!

Anybody in Livingston County Michigan that has a lawyer or wants to join me please let me know, I will be actively searching.
I'm close to you(Brighton/Hamburg). I have the feeling I am going to have to resort to the attorney route myself if my case remains in the "final stages" for any length of time. Not sure what Michigan''s statute of limitations is on these cases but I don't plan on waiting much longer... especially if I am in line for a minimal offer of maintenance only. I'd be curious who you end up contacting and what they have to say.

My old neighbor and his wife are local attorneys. Roger Meyers who bought and has an office in the old Howell mansion. I believe he does a lot of real estate/zoning type work but I thought I might call him and see if he has a recommendation for me.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Michiman - I live in Howell...old Howell mansion right around the corner. Have an email out to a friend who lives local, has a local business and has quite a bit of contacts in his rolodex. I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Michiman and Redcabo7--I gave Dupont 30 days (same as they requested from me in my CRA) which ends November 12. Steven Williams, Manager Claims Resolution, signed my CRA. I called him today and requested he check the status of my claim with Epiq to ensure they are moving along with a reply. I am tired of using my time and energy to solve their problem and I am ready to retain a lawyer. Please let me know what your thoughts are about legal representation. Thanks
Old 10-25-2012, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I just talked to a lawyer in Livingston County MI (Howell). This lawyer came highly recommended by my friend in my previous post. Ironically this same lawyer represented me years back and won my case. Good thing is he remembered me and small talk was the beginning of the conversation but when he heard DuPont he was drawn in quick.

He doesn't work with large groups as this potentially could be but he does work very close with a local lawyer who represents groups on consumer lemon law, etc. This lawyer has sued big companies (eg. Time Magazine) and won.

I am getting the process rolling by sending all the information to this individual so he can begin the research. He wants to make sure he understands what is going on before he provides me with "what's next". I should hear back from him early next week.

I need to know how many people in Michigan that are on this blog and know friends and family with issues want to be a part of this lawsuit. As this lawyer states, DuPont is not going to give homeowners the respect they will give a group/class action lawsuit.

Reply to my post so I can begin to keep tally. When I have more information I will post. If you have an arborist you worked with, contact them and have them reach out to their clients to let them know about this blog and that Michigan is beginning to fight against DuPont. Let's stop this once and for all!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcabo7 View Post
I just talked to a lawyer in Livingston County MI (Howell). This lawyer came highly recommended by my friend in my previous post. Ironically this same lawyer represented me years back and won my case. Good thing is he remembered me and small talk was the beginning of the conversation but when he heard DuPont he was drawn in quick.

He doesn't work with large groups as this potentially could be but he does work very close with a local lawyer who represents groups on consumer lemon law, etc. This lawyer has sued big companies (eg. Time Magazine) and won.

I am getting the process rolling by sending all the information to this individual so he can begin the research. He wants to make sure he understands what is going on before he provides me with "what's next". I should hear back from him early next week.

I need to know how many people in Michigan that are on this blog and know friends and family with issues want to be a part of this lawsuit. As this lawyer states, DuPont is not going to give homeowners the respect they will give a group/class action lawsuit.

Reply to my post so I can begin to keep tally. When I have more information I will post. If you have an arborist you worked with, contact them and have them reach out to their clients to let them know about this blog and that Michigan is beginning to fight against DuPont. Let's stop this once and for all!
Did he hasppen to mention how long we have to file a suit? My home is part of a site condo, individual homes but common areas. My association was harmed from the applications made on our lot. One 25'-30' white pine with damage that Davey would have rated a "3" just like the ones on my property. I believe the association started a claim with Dupont after I alerted them. I'd have to see if they might be interested in being a party to any group lawsuit should the opportunity present itself.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Member

i have given dupont until nov 1st to get me a claims resolution agreement,so far they have called me 2 times last week and promised it will be here by then,i will not be contacting them anymore and if i do not recieve it on the 1st i will definetly be looking to retaining a lawyer,is he doing as a class action?or on individual cases?after hearing how davey tree took 6 months to turn in my paperwork to dupont wich held up my agreement i wonder if they can be included as well and my lco for putting imprelis in my yard?? i will pm you on friday the 2nd if nothing shows up.....i am tired of waiting and ready to get the ball rolling,i have made dupont fully aware of my intentions if cra is not recieved by the 1st thanks for the update!!!