Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-24-2012, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
I skipped by some of the threads but I don't know how the 104 got to Chuck Norris. I see a lot of talk on hp draw of the rear discharge vs the side discharge. It being the political season I'll make everybody happy and say you are all right. Horsepower draw is more than what type of deck you have. Does a 72" side discharge draw more ponies than a rear discharge, the answer is maybe. How the blades are driven, do all the blades run the same direction, how may belts, Gear box, blade tip speed, in what conditions? Many more questions still unanswered. I would suggest focusing the question on similar decks sizes made by the same vendor and driven in the same manner. If I had a new Super Z HD 60" and a new Super Z HD 60"RD the RD unit will draw less HP to operate. The difference in draw will increase as the conditions worsen.
Will the Hustler 60" side discharge draw more power than another product RD platform nobody knows for sure with out testing torque of both units at the blades. Are there RD units that drawn more HP than a side discharge, I'm sure there are.

Brian O
The statement in blue of course has the most influence on hp drag, but the statement in red is what should be considered the most accurate way of defining an answer to this question...kind of like that old saying, "you've got to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges."
Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
The statement in blue of course has the most influence on hp drag, but the statement in red is what should be considered the most accurate way of defining an answer to this question...kind of like that old saying, "you've got to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges."
You know puppy, as much as I hate to admit this, and I really hate to admit this, you're right.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
You know puppy, as much as I hate to admit this, and I really hate to admit this, you're right.

If you live long enough the pendulum will eventually swing the ability to be right in your direction, just keep hanging on...
Old 10-25-2012, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks decent.

But for the price point ($28K???) I think they will be collecting dust.

I cant see another $14K above a SuperZ

Plus....STILL 12 gallon tanks???

STILL 13" front casters???
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
If you live long enough the pendulum will eventually swing the ability to be right in your direction, just keep hanging on...
Real funny puppy, real funny!!!You have to remember, you have over 20 yrs. on me. I have a ways to go before I can be right about everything....
Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
Real funny puppy, real funny!!!You have to remember, you have over 20 yrs. on me. I have a ways to go before I can be right about everything....
There is no doubt, if you live another 20 yrs, you...will learn a great deal. I learn something about every day, I'm just getting to the point of having a hard time remembering what is was I supposedly learned.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
There is no doubt, if you live another 20 yrs, you...will learn a great deal. I learn something about every day, I'm just getting to the point of having a hard time remembering what is was I supposedly learned.
I must have blossomed earlybecause I'm already there on that one.I'd love to try out this Hustler 104. You seem to be a master at getting demo's-you need to try this thing out and give us a review. I'd love to see how it does. I've been following Hustler since 98' and have always believed in their product. The biggest downfall with this machine as far as I can see is their price. I bought a 3200 in 02',which was their flagship industrial mower, and it only cost $20,000, with a quadcycler deck.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Sponsor

Jonnybravo,
We can make that demo happen. Right now they are playing at GIE/EXPO. Once the dust settles and production catch's up with demand we can get a demo out to a play-yard in your area that is large enough to handle the 104. The 104 is not for everyone but there are pretty many markets for it.

Brian O
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have looked at this Hustler I don't know how many times now. lol It's Insane!

It would be ideal for paddock mowing around me.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
Jonnybravo,
We can make that demo happen. Right now they are playing at GIE/EXPO. Once the dust settles and production catch's up with demand we can get a demo out to a play-yard in your area that is large enough to handle the 104. The 104 is not for everyone but there are pretty many markets for it.

Brian O
Man, you shouldn't have told me that!!!I may have to take you up on that one.