Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-25-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I know this is not likely, but what if there is a significant price drop? You could be stuck with 400 gallons of expensive gasoline!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=Rednekdaddy;4565541]I know this is not likely, but what if there is a significant price drop? You could be stuck with 400 gallons of expensive gasoline![/QUO

It's a gamble as to when to pull the trigger and buy. I am sure we haven't seen the last of $4 gas and $5 diesel. It's cheaper than that right now, so we are money head for next year all ready buying now.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt buy in bulk. How long are those 1000 galons going to be sitting there?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've done my research in this subject and I can assure you the cheapest way to get gasoline is straight from the pump, by the time you consider your costs buying in bulk only results in some wins and some losses which is why folks who do buy in bulk do so out of necessity, now if you still want to predict the future then it's just as easy to go play the stock market.

You think gasoline is cheaper now and it's going up in price again, how do you know?

Under the OPEC scenario...
Real oil prices would be $146 in 2015, exceed $169 per barrel by 2020 and approach $200 per barrel by 2035.

Another scenario states that Iran says may stop oil sales if sanctions tighten...
Perhaps right now, we care.

On the other hand, supposedly with all the new technologies coming online we will hit the peak of this supply-demand equation by 2015 at which time supply will start to again become plentiful and some sources have it that by 2020 we will have more petrol than we know what to do with, that's one source citing American capacity to extract shale crude in the Dakotas and Texas and also includes Canadian Tar sands, stating that by 2020 America will produce up to 60% of it's own oil.

That is, with lower economic growth in developing countries coupled with increased supplies from key exporting countries would result in a Low Oil Price case in which real oil prices fall to about $55 per barrel in 2015, $53 by 2020 and then gradually decline to $50 per barrel after 2030 where they remain through 2035. (data source Bloomberg )

Which side are you on, who can you believe, where do you place your bet?

Last edited by herler; 10-26-2012 at 12:21 AM.