Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2012, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I've been doing property preservation work for 4 years now. And I have to say I like it. It has its pros and cons. Through a lead referal program, I signed on with a national preservation company that some dislike. I paid 12 bucks for the lead (via a lead referal service) that generated almost three times my Navy salary. I chose to retire from Navy (20 1/2 years) and go full time with the lawn business. The right preservation company will keep you busy and pay on time. During peak season, we average about 135-150 cuts per week. I run two crews. I'm not getting the money I deserve, but the checks keep coming. Honestly, the pay is not bad! In my opinion, the secret to a more lucrative success is to solicit the homes you maintained. If I would have sent out letters to the new homeowners (most of whom I met), there is no doubt I could have four trucks running! The only thing I do for them is grass cuts. I get work year around. Getting some ideas on a leaf removal rig. I don't plan on doing any more bagging this year!