Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Member

I have only 2 words to say......oh my.....
Old 10-27-2012, 03:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. That's Ghetto Fabulous!

Where did you find that photo? I was only able to find that photo on 4 different websites (click here) and none of them had 3000 likes.

You gotta realize too that the "like" game is often skewed. You can buy likes if you want from sites like FIVERR all day long. So just because something has a lot of "likes" doesn't mean they are legitimate. They could have been all purchased. And when they are purchased like that, they don't come from real people's facebook pages. They are mostly from fake facebook pages. Just designed to make people look more popular than they really are.

One of my competitors here in town has over 17,000 likes on his facebook page. Which is about 16,700 more than any other landscaping company in town does. And it seems incredible at first glance. Until you realize that 99% of his fans are from South Korea, China, India, Mexico, France, you name it. Almost none of them are from our town. They are just fake likes that he purchased in an effort to make himself look more popular.

I'm proud of the fact that almost all of the 300 fans we've acquired on our facebook page are actual people and customers from the Portland area. Most of my competitors can't even get over 100 local likes. We've worked hard to get some real, authentic fans on our page. And it pays off. Because the whole purpose of having a company facebook page is to keep your local customers and prospective customers engaged with your company. This other guy in town who has 17,000, I doubt even 100 of those are customers of his. They're just purchased likes, mostly from fake Facebook pages. Does him no good at all.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 10-27-2012, 04:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
Found this posted on Facebook with over 3,000 likes so far. Is it any wonder that 'trunk slammers' survive in this business when people think this looks nice?

OK. Who wants to go first. How many things can you find wrong?
Looks like a pile of riprap.
Posted via Mobile Device