Register free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sprinkler Donut Video "Sprinkler Head Protection for Rotors and Spray Heads"

Here's a link that will help those that are interested in understanding the benefits of having the "Sprinkler Buddy" installed to their sprinkler heads. I also show similar products that are found on the market today here in FL. See how the Sprinkler Buddy can greatly reduce accidental damage to the lawn sprinkler heads like none of its competitors products can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyTUzgnAmSk&feature=plcp

This is an amateur video my wife had took of me in our neighbors yard, so please excuse the quality of the video which was taken with our home use camera. :-)

Made in USA

Thank you for your support! RyRo, Inc. "Home of the Sprinkler Buddy"
Old 10-27-2012, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm open to other suggestion you may have that I could use to get it known to homeowners across the USA. Sorry that my post have offended you. I'll try to tone it down.

PS- Watch the video in its entirety and you may realize it's much more than a "piece of plastic".
Old 10-27-2012, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I did not listen to the video but it looks pretty well done. I would have liked to have seen how you set and level the head.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Woww. that video completely changed my opinion of your product, well done by the way. I think the only problem you may have is with older larger heads such as RB R-50s and old impact heads. Best of luck.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I did not listen to the video but it looks pretty well done. I would have liked to have seen how you set and level the head.
One sets and levels the head the same as they would without the Sprinkler Buddy. Part of the Buddy remains under ground and 1 to 1 1/2" of the buddy remains above ground level once it's installed.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Great demo video. How far down is the sprinkler head in the SB? Will all rotor sprinkler heads pop above the service? I assume that existing riser pipes would have to be shortened to accommodate the SB ?
Old 10-27-2012, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
Woww. that video completely changed my opinion of your product, well done by the way. I think the only problem you may have is with older larger heads such as RB R-50s and old impact heads. Best of luck.
Thanks for watching the video. My product is made differently, both in the materials used to make it but also in the method that one uses to install it. The shape also plays an important role in its performance long term.

It has a 7" diameter same as the concrete donuts. I haven't personally seen a sprinkler head it wouldn't work on but I'm sure their are some antiques out there somewhere. I do have a 30 day return policy if they shouldn't work for any of my customers. Thank you again for your comment!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
Great demo video. How far down is the sprinkler head in the SB? Will all rotor sprinkler heads pop above the service? I assume that existing riser pipes would have to be shortened to accommodate the SB ?
The depth varies, larger rotors are almost flush to the top while spray heads sit a little lower in it. Yes, all rotor sprinkler heads pop up above the service as do all spray heads. If anything, a higher riser may be needed to bring the sprinkler head back up to ground level. Those that are already there, no change in riser height is needed. Part of the sprinkler buddy is below ground level when installed. That's the purpose of the cone shape appearance of the Sprinkler Buddy before it's installed on a sprinkler head. Once it's installed, that cone shaped appearance disappears due to the fact that the retaining tabs the user created are now snugly fitted around the sprinkler head shaft . Hope that explanation makes since, it's tough trying to explain it without physically showing it at the same time.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I support sponsors, and I did you. The caveat is to be carefull of multiple threads/posts, Otherwise, this band of jackals will eat you alive and destroy any credibility you may think you've got by being on this forum. Jus' sayin'.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Keep up the good work Sprinkler Buddy and thanks for sponsoring the forum. I appreciate what you and the other sponsors do.
Closed Thread