Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-28-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Leaf Removal Service Company - Louisville KY

Hey everyone - We are rocking and rolling with leaf removal in Louisville this week. Doing full clean ups as well as curb side pick ups all over Louisville. I think we are one of the few that do full leaf removal service in Louisville. Check out my video I shot today of one of the fall clean ups and picking up leaves.

http://youtu.be/s3kJ8NqVCEo

Really love that loader!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There's more than a few out there....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=390181

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's a nice set up man .... here is a blog post I wrote last night at another forum.

http://www.propowerwash.com/board/up...-Louisville-KY
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That is cool but I have a question. I don't do removal however we have city curbside pickup. I will blow leaf piles that are close to the curb but I don't blow huge lines anymore as I tried something different that really works for me. I mulch 95% of the leaf fall on my properties and at the end of it all I will run the Walker over it to finish the season. Sometimes I will also run the Walker to bag if the leaf debris content is highly visible or extra heavy.

My question to you might not be easily answered. I see the leaf vac does reduce the volume of leaves as it blows them into the truck. Would it be less work to mulch in place and then bag ( I have found about a 10:1 reduction in debris) or is it quicker to blow leaves to a curbside pile and vacuum them like you are doing. I just find that when I mulch I am not removing 100% of the leaf from the property and by doing that I have much less debris. You have to physically dance alot with that hose and chase leaves down which in my opinion would be tiring at the end of the day. Now I am not hating on your procedure because I am just looking from my business perspective and I know not much about yours. I am just wondering if complete leaf removal as you do it is a wash for time/energy spent with a different way or is it more or less cost efficient?
in the end its all money in our pocket and if we can do it faster/easier/cheaper then we all win. Take care.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOW ED View Post
That is cool but I have a question. I don't do removal however we have city curbside pickup. I will blow leaf piles that are close to the curb but I don't blow huge lines anymore as I tried something different that really works for me. I mulch 95% of the leaf fall on my properties and at the end of it all I will run the Walker over it to finish the season. Sometimes I will also run the Walker to bag if the leaf debris content is highly visible or extra heavy.

My question to you might not be easily answered. I see the leaf vac does reduce the volume of leaves as it blows them into the truck. Would it be less work to mulch in place and then bag ( I have found about a 10:1 reduction in debris) or is it quicker to blow leaves to a curbside pile and vacuum them like you are doing. I just find that when I mulch I am not removing 100% of the leaf from the property and by doing that I have much less debris. You have to physically dance alot with that hose and chase leaves down which in my opinion would be tiring at the end of the day. Now I am not hating on your procedure because I am just looking from my business perspective and I know not much about yours. I am just wondering if complete leaf removal as you do it is a wash for time/energy spent with a different way or is it more or less cost efficient?
in the end its all money in our pocket and if we can do it faster/easier/cheaper then we all win. Take care.
I'll try to answer this short- Some properties simply have too many leaves to mulch. Some people want them removed. And sometimes too much mulching leaves things looking worse. Repeated mower traffic, compaction, turning, repeat visits and build-up of mulched leaves.... it gets to be bad IMO.

And I will NOT bag leaves. I tarp them out of backyards under protest. Vac is extremely efficient- take up 95% of them, mow the yard and the rest will mulch up fine.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

DEAD ON!

We use the mower on some sites but most properties want and pay for removal not mulch/removal.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I got ya. I understand that everyones business is different and I appreciate your comments. Leaves are a strange item in lawn care and it is a short season. It interests me to see how and why others do what they do as I am not opposed to trying different things to see how they work.
I thank you for your input. Have a great season.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yard_smart View Post
Hey everyone - We are rocking and rolling with leaf removal in Louisville this week. Doing full clean ups as well as curb side pick ups all over Louisville. I think we are one of the few that do full leaf removal service in Louisville. Check out my video I shot today of one of the fall clean ups and picking up leaves.

http://youtu.be/s3kJ8NqVCEo

Really love that loader!
I absolutely love this set up. I have struggled with leaves year after year. I watched the video and am going to give you guys a call during business hours tomorrow. I'm hours away from you guys and in no way competing in the same region. I already have the perfect truck and would for you to share some input on the vac.
1978 F-350 Dump Truck
1988 Z-71 Chevy 4x4 Meyers Plow
2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.0
1989 Toyota One ton Flatbed
2013 61" Bad Boy Outlaw XP 36 Vanguard
2013 54" Bad Boy Outlaw Stander Kawasaki
2014 48" Wright Walk Behind