Register free!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have a Bobcat MT52, it works really good. We have the tiller and trencher atacents as well as the smooth bucket. I think they come with a 17hp diesel? Im not sure. They are great for small spaces and allow tou to cut down on laborers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-11-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I just purchased my second toro dingo. I've ran them all and not saying its the best but I'm a big believer of all machines break and the toro dealer is the best to work with you.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I know I am new to the site but I have been running mini skids for about 10 years. My personal preferrance is a Dingo or Boxer. Mainly because it is what is most available to my area. Also I am most used to the controls they have.

I think that the biggest issues between all the machines is the controls and guys are used to a certain style. Put me on a Ramrod or Ditchwitch and you will run circles around me. But on a Dingo or Boxer I can run them blind.

I worked for the company that got the first Vermeer unit, it left a sour taste in my mouth. Lets just say we were the test rats for it, it was a diesel wheeled unit that didnt have the power to drive and run power attachments at teh same time. Since I have rented Vermeers and like the controls and power.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

If you have run a Toro Dingo quite a bit, it is true it will take a little time to get used to the Ditch Witch steering control (twin stick). I have a Ditch Witch SK650 and it is a work horse. You will be amazed at how much material it will move when you dig into a stock pile or use it like a dozer. Everything built by Ditch Witch (Charles Machine Works) is built for durability and longevity. You also have to consider the durability of the 3 cyl. Kubota diesel in the Ditch Witch vs. the gas engines in other machines. Good luck with whatever you choose.....any brand will get you some good production.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

whats your productivity on a mini skid? lookin at a ditch witch to supplement bobcat and or use for split crews.

Eg how long will it take a mini with 36" bucket to move and grade 40 tons of topsoil on a 4in 1 slope? 1 day?

Thx!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion69 View Post
whats your productivity on a mini skid? lookin at a ditch witch to supplement bobcat and or use for split crews.

Eg how long will it take a mini with 36" bucket to move and grade 40 tons of topsoil on a 4in 1 slope? 1 day?

Thx!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2012, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

Thx!
About a month ago we started running loads of fill at 7:00 to a job site with a hollow we were filling. 40 yards clean fill, 10 yards loam, 4 ton tbase, 6 ton 3/4 native, we were done and gone by 1:00. Definitely a time saver for us. Vermeer 600600tx tx diesel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Member

just bought a sk350. now to see what it can do.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on your purchase.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
just bought a sk350. now to see what it can do.
Can't do much without any attachments! Now you gotta load up on attachments! harley rake, trencher, boring unit, sod roller, forks, mulch bucket, auger, stump grinder, vibratory plow, etc!