Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui View Post
Hi Tony,
Yes - I provide you with a mobile website that runs independently from your normal website. I also install it with a device detection script on your main website.
Cheers,
Rui
Could you expand on this? "I provide you with a mobile website that runs independently from your normal website."
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebassett View Post
We've been waiting for a new Word Press template for our website, but we're concerned about being 'Mobile Responsive'.

Since we're relatively new to mobile marketing, how do WordPress plugins like WPTouch compare to the service you're offering?
Hi ebassett,

The most important components to a mobile optimized website are usability (across various devices) and simplicity. The thing with WPTouch is that it provides far too much and is more catered towards content heavy websites. I've used it before and it's a great plugin, if you have that focus in mind.

The purpose of the design I showed you before is that it focuses on the key elements and objectives of a local business. You want potential customers to call you right away and not have to comb through your website to find details that just don't make sense for that step in the purchasing process.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Could you expand on this? "I provide you with a mobile website that runs independently from your normal website."
Hi Tony,

What I mean by this is that the mobile website I provide isn't a stylesheet added onto your existing website. It's an entirely new website, just for mobile. The website would be in a folder like m.domain.com and I would then place a redirect script on your main website that will determine the visitors device. If it's a mobile phone it will redirect the user to the m.domain.com.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Rui -- I appreciate your response.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui View Post
Hi Tony,
What I mean by this is that the mobile website I provide isn't a stylesheet added onto your existing website. It's an entirely new website, just for mobile. The website would be in a folder like m.domain.com and I would then place a redirect script on your main website that will determine the visitors device. If it's a mobile phone it will redirect the user to the m.domain.com.
Okeedokee...