Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-30-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCreekLawns View Post
What do yall think of Super Bloom once a month? Not sure how that would stack up price wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Look at what I laid out for you and I have a feeling you will find it is much much cheaper per thousand than the Beyer program.
Anything you would be adding to the soil...not sure what you would be trying to add in the way of macro or micro nutrients as what I laid out for you addresses all the major nutrients at a cheaper cost to you with a better package IMHO.

The key to getting them pop - is spraying with the Eagle 6 every month of growth. Roses are heavy feeders and like to be feed almost all the time. The only thing you might be missing vs the beyer is the P as I think the beyer is heavy in P. If your soil is not lacking available P ..then you will not notice it..if you notice less blooms...look at getting palm fert with more P than what I suggested but I think if you feed with the Eagle monthly and granular every quarter or so with the palm fert you will be very pleased with the results.

I know a little about caring for roses, not everything but I have learned a great deal about what works for me here and thought I would share with you. Let me know how it goes for you.

On this bed all the planets are aligned it does well with little amounts of Bayer. All of my beds have drip so we can really but the water to them as needed without any city intervention.
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCreekLawns View Post
What do yall think of Super Bloom once a month? Not sure how that would stack up price wise.
I tried it around a few places to see how well it did. It too is a good product, LOTS of P for sure , what 55? That is more than my soils generally need. Again a decent product for whom it is truly intended , the home owner, but not really the most cost effective fertilizer for a landscaper also given that it does not provide any pest or disease prevention like say Beyer's product does.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am having trouble finding a place to buy Eagle 6. Any help?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I am having trouble finding a place to buy Eagle 6. Any help?
Follow that link for plantfoodsystems.com they will be able to get you in touch with a local supplier

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!