Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

using the bathroom?

so i've done lawn care for 15 years and sometimes your on a jobsite and you nature calls. theres no jumping in the truck and running to gas station in time. So i've always cornered up to a side of house or fence way out of view of anyone seeing. well i have never minded my workers doing this as well. Apparantly my customer saw my guy put the trimmer down and walk to side of house so he followed him. my guy was tucked away peeing in the corner of the fence way down side of house where no one would have ever seen him. My customer was furious and his wife wanted to drop us immediately and not pay for service. I apologized over and over and tried explaining to him that we drink 2 gallons of water each a day and for one can't hold it sometimes and two i'm not stopping every 30 minutes each time a worker needs to pee.

What are ya'lls thoughts? I for one don't see a problem as long as they aren't flashing their weewee for kids or anybody to see. I assured the customer it would not happen again and just told my guys not to do it at that house anymore.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Completely unacceptable if you ask me. I will and have left in the middle of a job when I gotta go that bad, and always go back to finish the work I was in the middle of. I had a guy working with me for a short time who "went" at a customer's house like your guy did. He wasn't fired over it, but he got his one and only warning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

It happens my guys water alot of bushes. If it's a place you cann't go anywhere there is a pee bucket in the enclosed trailer. Dump it out and rinse out bucket and your ready to go
Pace Summit 7x14
Exmark lazer (52" ultra cut)
Gravely 34Z
Snapper 21"
Dyna digger
Shindaiwa le230 edger (2)
Redmax 7550 blowers (2)
Redmax trimmers (2)
Sthil,Echo,Kawasaki hedge trimmers (5)
Echo pole saw
Stihl chain saws (2)
2012 Scag Tiger Cat
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats why i love my limo tint on my truck or my enclosed trailer. Big mouth gatorade bottles are your best friend. I would never go in a customers yard.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bonus of enclosed trailer or heavy window tint. No way on a customers property. You never know who is looking out a window. UNPROFESSIONAL!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Totally inexcusable!! I have an enclosed trailer. Part of the decision to buy an enclosed was the ability to take a leak.
Blizzard 860HD
7 1/2 ft Western Plow
Toro 7/24 snowblower
2 Toro CCR 2450 snowblowers
48" Allis Chalmers
48" Ferris WB
36" Exmark Viking
21" Toro
21" Poulan Pro
2- Echo PB755H
Echo & Ryobi trimmers
Echo PAS 265 & attachments
Stihl & Poulan chain saws
Stihl BP blower
Stihl FS-56RC-E Trimmer
Billy Goat 16hp HTR Loader
Pesticide License BU0426
A Positive Outlook
Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yup. Unprofessional. There are lots of places around here being built so I know where the porta johns are.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You gotta be smart about where and when you go. If ANYBODY can see you, it's not worth it. And for crying out loud, the guy shouldn't have set his trimmer down. Carry it with you and leave it running. That way they think you're just on the phone or something and don't think anything of it. And never keep your hands at waist level unless you're "loading" or "unloading" the "package" so to speak. Lean against the wall to "take a load off," pretend you're on the phone, hands on the hips to make it look like you're surveying the situation or taking a quick rest. It's the movement down and back towards the fly that you have to be careful of. I've gone in the middle of the street in a truck wheel well. Nobody even looked at me because it just looked like I was resting my arms on the bed rails. And they didn't notice the stream of fluid

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Thats why i love my limo tint on my truck or my enclosed trailer. Big mouth gatorade bottles are your best friend. I would never go in a customers yard.
Posted via Mobile Device
DIDO to everything! Very unprofessional imo. I had a guy who must have had the smallest bladder and every couple lawns he had to go, well one time he went behind some dumpsters that are right in the middle of some condo's we do and not two seconds later some female tenant came down with her trash so I had to do some interference. Ever since that we stated keeping our Gatoraide bottles. I definitely think women are more sensitive to this than men are but still....
Technically its a crime.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have specific places on my routes where I know I can go. One is actually under a deck. There is a recessed wall in the house under the deck. No way anyone can see me. Other one is behind a neighbor's fence around the backyard. Last one is at the dead end of a neighborhood with some woods. Number one isn't my problem. It's number two. I guess I just have IBS...when it hits me, there's no holding it.
Closed Thread