Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
Just to put a little bias suggestion in this talk. I've worked for corporate lawn mower manufacturers and privately owned manufacturers. There is a big difference between the two when it comes to after the sale support. You will see at times Mr. Mullet engaging discussions on this sight. I don't recall any other President of a mower manufacturer doing that. The Corporate company answers to stock holders when the private company answers to you. When making a purchase as large as the one you are about to you need to look down the road at the after the sale support. I don't mean just the dealer, but the maker of the equipment. Hustler has your back.

I was mainly looking away from the hustler for a while and more at the scag due to the three local dealers here didn't represent them very well. Their inventory set outside all the time, arm rest were falling apart from the sun, rust on the key chains, etc. Just not real impressive for a $6k investment. I just found another dealer not much further away whose equipment is in perfect shap. Really takes care of his product. That another think that's swinging me back to hustler. About 90% sure that's where we r heading.

Brian O
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I like the Scag stuff, and really want one - but I think at the Freedom Z price point, there are many more choices that are just as good if not better, OR if you pay a tad more you can get a whole lot more mower......

Look at the Fastrak Super Duty - it is right there with the Freedom Z price and I think you get more for your $ with it. $1000 more and you can get a Bad Boy Outlaw with 5400 Hydros.....

And to add to it, Gravely is coming out with a new Pro Turn to compete at the $5-6k range.....I am really looking forward to seeing how it is equipped.

Last edited by Brules; 11-02-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
I like the Scag stuff, and really want one - but I think at the Freedom Z price point, there are many more choices that are just as good if not better, OR if you pay a tad more you can get a whole lot more mower......

Look at the Fastrak Super Duty - it is right there with the Freedom Z price and I think you get more for your $ with it. $1000 more and you can get a Bad Boy Outlaw with 5400 Hydros.....

And to add to it, Gravely is coming out with a new Pro Turn to compete at the $5-6k range.....I am really looking forward to seeing how it is equipped.
I couldn't agree with you more about the scag freedom line. I would love to have a scag tiger cat but can't justify the couple thousand more dollars. If I was going to use it commercially absolutely but I have a big problem. My back gets real soar sleeping on the couch and that's where I'd be sleeping when my wife found out I dropped $8k on a mower for just our yard! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2012, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Member

If you can hold off, wait and see what Gravely comes out with....that is what I am doing. There were pics of it at the GIE show but no info. It looks like they took their Pro Turn 100 and removed a few items from it like the canister filter:

This was posted in another thread, $6100 and is based off of Gravelys high end Pro Turn frame/mower, which are built like TANKS:

Old 11-03-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
If you can hold off, wait and see what Gravely comes out with....that is what I am doing. There were pics of it at the GIE show but no info. It looks like they took their Pro Turn 100 and removed a few items from it like the canister filter:

This was posted in another thread, $6100 and is based off of Gravelys high end Pro Turn frame/mower, which are built like TANKS:

Might have to wait a little longer to see that one. I really tile the Pro 100 but once again put my foot down on $7200 bring to much. This one might be a good medium between the pro 100 and the zt hd. I didn't like the zt quite enough to buy it even though the price was tempting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2012, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Member

My local dealer said March 2013 is when he will get his in......If the 52" is $6100, then a 48" should be less and one heck of a machine for that $.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm looking at several different dealers for my equipment. One of them sells both Scag and Hustler. I was leaning toward the Hustler FastTrak SD 60" with the 26hp kawasaki because it was less expensive than the Tiger Cat I first considered. But just tonight I see the dealer has posted new pricing for the Hustler on their website and it is now the same as their posted price for the Scag 61" Freedom Z with the 30hp B&S. I also see on the Hustler website that their commercial lineup has changed for 2013. The FasTrak SD line is now listed under residential and they have two X-One models and two Super Z models in the commercial lineup. Just when I am about to complete my business plan I have to rethink the whole thing!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan56 View Post
I'm looking at several different dealers for my equipment. One of them sells both Scag and Hustler. I was leaning toward the Hustler FastTrak SD 60" with the 26hp kawasaki because it was less expensive than the Tiger Cat I first considered. But just tonight I see the dealer has posted new pricing for the Hustler on their website and it is now the same as their posted price for the Scag 61" Freedom Z with the 30hp B&S. I also see on the Hustler website that their commercial lineup has changed for 2013. The FasTrak SD line is now listed under residential and they have two X-One models and two Super Z models in the commercial lineup. Just when I am about to complete my business plan I have to rethink the whole thing!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan56 View Post

I completely understand! I was pretty much settled on the hustler fast trak with the 691 Kawasaki. One of the biggest factors was the scag freedom in the Kawasaki was only 19 hp. Well just yesterday I found out they have just released a freedom z the now upgraded to the same 691 Kawasaki the hustler has! Crap!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like kubota will be offering a zg100 series. Zt3100 trans 5" deep fabbed deck, 22" rear tires and a suspension seat. Also built in led headlights integrated into the front frame. Looks like a very nice mower
Posted via Mobile Device