Register free!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Greens Turfcare View Post
Can you take a picture of your set up, with the meter?
Posted via Mobile Device
There are two types of spring loaded hose shut offs. one works on time and the other on gallons. I have one of each and think the Gallon Model is the better choice. The gallon meter is popular for filling of topping off of swimming pools and go up to 1200 gallons and is marked as low as 100 gallons. You just screw them on to your hose or in our case I put mine on the Back Flow Preventer on my truck. I use a quick connect to hook my garden hose to it.

Look in your local hardware store's Garden Hose and Garden Hose Nozzle Section. These are not hard to find and I am think I paid Less than $ 10.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

yes but why not go to a 2" pvc pipe with two connection one 4" and then a 5/8 garden that way u can fill from a hydrant or a hose. 300 gals in about 2 minutes. it mixes the chemicals up and blows any scale on the inside of the tank away.
12 grandkids
1attorney
1CPA
1Mortage Company
6 insurance companies
cant figure out why I cant retire this year.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I was under the impression that all tanks of certain gallons had to have the water fill valves assembled above or near the tank for filling. It is no different than the units for doing pre treats and slab treatments for structural pest controllers. The state requires this filling apparatus.
If you are caught without one on the tank...............this is a violation.....in the State of Arkansas!!!
I made one out of 1 inch PVC with a ball valve at the connection. The fill spout is affixted at least 18" above the opening of the tank. horseshoe clamps attach the pvc to the trailer floor. The hose connector isn't hard to find at lowe's or home depot.!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Member

florida requires a 4" air gap between the filling tube and the tank... unless you have a back flow preventer installed. the new cab over rigs hav an internal fill tube with back flow preventer and no air gap here in florida. The city of lakeland will not give the new rigs a city license to fill from hydrants unless they have the airgap and 2 inch fill lines. tougher than the state standards
12 grandkids
1attorney
1CPA
1Mortage Company
6 insurance companies
cant figure out why I cant retire this year.