Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Member

very nice!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you!

Every contractor out there has been where I was at the end of last year. You know, cleaning out trucks during the winter, finding buckets upon buckets of parts that we once new. Throw in a couple clocks along with a lighting transformer and I had had enough.

Guys were going to do simple repairs, only to either have to run to a supply house or hardware store wasting valuable time in the spring which was costing the company money.

Getting the entire office / warehouse organized, then the trucks took some time and some money, but the entire company FINALLY realized that being efficient benefited everyone.
The hard part was implementing the process which was refined a couple of times. We also do most of the work on our trucks and equipment, so we did the same for all of the parts, fluids and filters needed to make repairs.

Last edited by Irrigation Contractor; 11-04-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrigation Contractor View Post
Thank you!

Every contractor out there has been where I was at the end of last year. You know, cleaning out trucks during the winter, finding buckets upon buckets of parts that we once new. Throw in a couple clocks along with a lighting transformer and I had had enough.

Guys were going to do simple repairs, only to either have to run to a supply house or hardware store wasting valuable time in the spring which was costing the company money.

Getting the entire office / warehouse organized, then the trucks took some time and some money, but the entire company FINALLY realized that being efficient benefited everyone.
The hard part was implementing the process which was refined a couple of times. We also do most of the work on our trucks and equipment, so we did the same for all of the parts, fluids and filters needed to make repairs.
Yeah I was responsible for our irrigation service vehicle and I know how frustrating it is when you can find things because nobody cares and in my case all I ever heard when I mentioned I needed something was "I know" or "the season is winding down and I don't want to spend money". What kind of service vehicles are your running? We had a 1 ton van.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We basically run Chevy 2500/3500 HD's with service bodies running Kargo Master racks.

We stopped building our own racks and switched since they have a pretty cool system with all the accessories.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrigation Contractor View Post
We basically run Chevy 2500/3500 HD's with service bodies running Kargo Master racks.

We stopped building our own racks and switched since they have a pretty cool system with all the accessories.
Nice, I hated the van setup after a while with all the crap that accumulates in the middle. Gonna try and get my boss to get a truck or van with a service body or maybe a small enclosed trailer for now.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
Nice, I hated the van setup after a while with all the crap that accumulates in the middle. Gonna try and get my boss to get a truck or van with a service body or maybe a small enclosed trailer for now.
I always had service bodies, loved them. Have the bossman look for one of these babies. royaltruckbody.com
Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is ours, it started as an install truck but now is the repair truck.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
Here is ours, it started as an install truck but now is the repair truck.
My kind of advertising!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
My kind of advertising!
Yeah, ever since we added the white blocks on the truck our sales have increased 19.210928347%. It has been a real surprise and IMHO it's a real head turner.