Register free!

Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I think I'm going to use Tordon. Seems there are different formulas. I will be blanket spraying an area that has been cleared of brush, vines & etc. For those of you who have used this product which formula do I need?
Tordon K or Tordon 22K does not contain anything else in it. Which would suit your purpose better. Why apply 2,4-D, fluroxypyr or triclopyr to cleared ground? Those additional herbicides are best saved for standing brush.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

ArTurf,

I apologize for misconstruing your intentions of the brushy area. I have done clear outs like this in the past, then only to have grassy weeds and broadleaf fill back in. I was under the impression that this is what you were referring to.
With Tordon,etc., I wonder if there is any wanted plantings, trees, or landscape ornamental plants around that will be effected.? I can't help but think of PGR products to control regrowth from such plants as ivy, privet.
I have used Gly and Triclopyr on occasion with ample results.

Sorry for misreading and understanding your post.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
ArTurf,

I apologize for misconstruing your intentions of the brushy area. I have done clear outs like this in the past, then only to have grassy weeds and broadleaf fill back in. I was under the impression that this is what you were referring to.
With Tordon,etc., I wonder if there is any wanted plantings, trees, or landscape ornamental plants around that will be effected.? I can't help but think of PGR products to control regrowth from such plants as ivy, privet.
I have used Gly and Triclopyr on occasion with ample results.

Sorry for misreading and understanding your post.
I appreciate you input. It may be that some of the things you mentioned will come out. I may put in some other pre for grassy/broadleaf. Really don't know what I am going to see on this job. Which triclopyr product do you use for these type areas?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am trying to figure out the best approach to this job. Let's say they clear this area this winter. Should the 1st application be done when regrowth starts to appear in spring? And then subsequent apps as needed? Does this sound like a good approach or what do you recommend?