Register free!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Kennc38 I accept your apology. I am currently waiting a phone call from Turfco as I type. I have hopes that they will make the situation right. I am by no means trying to see what I can get. I would like a working machine and reimbursed for costs of receiving a non working machine. I just felt frustrated that I purchased a new aerator and it ended up costing me extra $ not once, but twice to get it in shape to do a lawn. Those issues are fixed, and now it won't start. I have never been one to just go quietly when I feel I have been treated unfairly. Here is hoping to a later post applauding Turfco for handling the situation appropriately.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

XT5 Aerator from Turfco

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtine:) View Post
Kennc38 I would like to know why you are very hesitant to believe me? Have I given some reason for you to doubt me? I don't know why the fact of my only posting 2 times on this site has to make my statements less credible. I had a dealing with Turfco that so far has not made me happy, and I have posted accordingly. Perhaps I should make an assumption, like you have, and say that usually a liar is the one that has the toughest time believing someone else. I have a video that shows me trying to start my Turfco xt 5. I pulled 25 times and it did not start, and this was in 45 degree weather. I will try and get it posted after I contact Turfco and see what they want to do about it. I have found that I would rather give someone the benefit of the doubt, so I will believe that today wasn't you at your best. Sincerely Chad
I am very sorry you have had those problems with the XT5. This post is the first I have heard of it and we need to make things right for you. That B & S engine has been giving us very good service so far with few complaints. So I would guess there is a problem with the one you have and I am upset that we sent a machine out that was not assembled correctly. With warranties running at less than one percent on that machine they must be puttins most of them together right. Have you been in touch with Jim our service / warranty guy at Turfco? Has his response been acceptable? If not get back to me by phone or E-mail and I will get involved. I am from Nebraska and we got to keep our Huskers Happy. e-add Turfcobob@aol.com ph 520-836-8162
Call me if you like. Bob
Old 11-08-2012, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Longtine, again you have something wrong with your machine. Ours all work fine.
Bob will make it right with you and you can aerate in style again some day.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guys, longtine really doesn't deserve to be attacked because of his posts. We have all spent our hard earned money on expensive pieces of equipment to improve our productivity. He spends big money on a new aerator and because it won't start, he is the bad guy? Who here could say that after we anxiously wait for our new toy to arrive and it shows up broken, not working or way below our expectations wouldn't be upset? Just because we may have the same piece that has worked well for us doesn't mean it has for someone else. I can tell you now that if I spent $3000 plus on a machine and it arrives not working, I am going to be a tad upset.

Thank you turfcobob for stepping up to the plate.It is very appreciated when customer support is just that.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for the posts. I am currently now working with Turfcos service manager and the machine is on its way to the mechanic. I am hoping to post postive results in a few days.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtine:) View Post
Thanks guys for the posts. I am currently now working with Turfcos service manager and the machine is on its way to the mechanic. I am hoping to post postive results in a few days.
Thanks for working with Jim at Turfco he will make it right. The way it is supposed to be out of the box. Please understand that us in manufacturing are just as upset when an engine, transmission, tire or cable does not work up to spec or expectations. We buy many components of our equipment and expect them to work as promised. When they do not perform up to our specifications we want to know about it as it may be a vendor problem that needs to be addressed with them. If customers are just quiet complainers and never tell us we keep buying the same engine, transmission, tire or cable thinking it is ok and working well. So PLEASE when something goes wrong or fails we want to know about it. No matter how much we test something there is always room for more knowlege and improvement. You guys have our phone numbers so call and keep us imformed.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennc38 View Post
I also have had no issues with starting the B&S engine. I also have not had any issues with Turfco's customer service. Their response times have been excellent to any questions I've had. Considering the poster has only made 2 posts on this site, and both of them were to bash Turfco, I am very hesitant to believe what was posted.
TURFCO gave us an XT5 "to try" -- well before they "put it on the market". We still have that unit. It's been run through hell, yet it has never broke down. No maintenance (other than oil changes). The XT5 is our favorite walk-behind aerator by far. Nice plugs, many plugs, handles hills, great for seeding jobs too. Fastest hydro walk-behind aerator that I know of. my 2 cents.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Well the mechanic could not get the engine to operate properly, so Turfco sent a replacement engine. It now starts the way it should. I can't say that any bit of this process was fun, but hopefully I will have a working machine that stays working come spring.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Never experienced what you're saying. We did hundreds of "seeding/aeration" jobs this fall. On a county highway where they dug the ditches "deeper, the XT5 was the only aerator that would "climb" the slopes and go around culverts. Difficult situation.

Regarding breakdowns - Never seen one on XT5 or T3000.

Gotta a LS walk-behind for sale. Less than 30 hours. Price $2000. Lemme know. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Never experienced what you're saying. We did hundreds of "seeding/aeration" jobs this fall. On a county highway where they dug the ditches "deeper, the XT5 was the only aerator that would "climb" the slopes and go around culverts. Difficult situation.

Regarding breakdowns - Never seen one on XT5 or T3000.

Gotta a LS walk-behind for sale. Less than 30 hours. Price $2000. Lemme know. Thanks.
wow really? are you saying you like the XT5 better than the LS unit? if you get a spare moment I would love to hear your thoughts on the two...and feel free to PM me if you wish, I don't want to hijack anybodies thread.