Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Herman Cain made a very pertinent argument that there needs to be a new recognized 3rd party that represents the Republicans and democrats that no longer feel there parties are in there best interest. Most conservatives do not feel that the Republican party is properly representing them as most Democrats are not super liberal. Maybe thats why only half of American Voters cast there vote for President. Obama won with 50 million votes. Thats 25% of America. Romney to be was like a better plug for the leak than Obama would be but still neither are what America needs and we all know that Incumbents rarely ever lose. Time to put on on your "Big Boy" and "Big Girl" pants and get too work. Obama failed too comply with releasing his regulatory agenda twice this year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...tcmp=obnetwork

As a small business owner it may or may not impact you but this and amended tax codes, change in capital gains tax and many more things will affect us. Good Luck.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was pulling for Herman Cain in the Primary election. He actually had a plan to remake the tax code, the flat tax. I liked what he had to say. To bad he did not have enough big money behind him.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I was pulling for Herman Cain in the Primary election. He actually had a plan to remake the tax code, the flat tax. I liked what he had to say. To bad he did not have enough big money behind him.
I had a long rant written out... but I'm with you on this.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 11-08-2012, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
9-9-9 was the name of his plan and it had some merit.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM View Post
I thought you were the teacher on here?? From Madison and you were hoping the state would go red?!!? I knew the media was wrong when they said every teacher was for the recall Just kidding!
I am an educator

However, we do have some free thinkers and I am a true free market capitalist. I still think the worst thing to happen in my profession was tenure. It's a travesty that there are some who feel that time spent teaching guarantees them a perpetual position. I think that we should be evaluated just like any employee in any good business. Pull your load and work hard, and you can stay and move up, but loaf around and sit on your A$$ and you're gone!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
9-9-9 was the name of his plan and it had some merit.
Yes it did. I didn't want to get too political in this thread (God knows we need it) but because Cain's plan made sense and was a radical departure from the norm, he was destroyed. A few years back they made Steve Forbe's flat tax seem like a crackpot idea from a crazy old man.

For every $1000 extra I spend in taxes, that's one less durable good I can purchase or repair I can make. I do not see how "they" don't recognize that you can lower taxes, spur growth and spending, and reap even more revenue. It's so simple but because it doesn't demonize the high income earners and coddle the takers, that rationale thinking won't be embraced. Russia had a 15% flat tax or something very similar. They get it but they use strong-arm tactics to ensure the power of the party favorite whereas we use free cell phones, promises of paying someone's mortgage, and amnesty as enticements to keep the status elite in power. It's pandering at the lowest level and it's obvious and frankly, disgusting.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
I am an educator

However, we do have some free thinkers and I am a true free market capitalist. I still think the worst thing to happen in my profession was tenure. It's a travesty that there are some who feel that time spent teaching guarantees them a perpetual position. I think that we should be evaluated just like any employee in any good business. Pull your load and work hard, and you can stay and move up, but loaf around and sit on your A$$ and you're gone!
I knew many teachers and other public employees that thought like that and were against the recall, They just were not able to speak out for fear!! I totally agree with you on tenure, Interesting time for WI!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Herman Cain is local too me and he was a bit of a flip flopper. His stances as a political candidate did not match his actions in the private sector and his skeletons where is downfall. He had the backing. Thats the bad thing about politics. Your actual ability too govern is irrelevant. It s a popularity contest plain and simple. I am in no way saying he would not have been a good president but he was unelectable. Newt Gingrich was the best qualified too get things done but he was not a true republican like Romney.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I supported Cain, then when he washed I was a Gingrich supporter and then when Romney won the nomination, I somewhat grudingly at least initially, supported him and we know how that turned out. I think my support is the KOD (kiss of death).

Any word from JCB or your salesman?

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Any word from JCB or your salesman?
Oh yeah...that's how this thread started.

I rolled the same way as far as choices. Cain, Gingrich then Romney. I like Gingrich a lot, but apparently his knowledge wasn't something the voters cared about much.