Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
yea, here we go. Does this apply to diesel? my pickup doesnt have commercial plates but the dump does. I could just fill that 50 gal tank and transfer it to the pickup but thats a hassle
Thats what my father did during the rationing in the 70's.

There's an even easier way to get around it. Just swap the plates before you go get in line at the station. But I wouldn't be surprised if the police wont be sitting at some stations randomly running plates to check for this.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Might be easier to buy a drill pump and some hose and transfer it from the dump truck. Can't imagine what its like to have a gas car right now. I'm pissed i didn't have gas fir the mower and blower to clean up before this snow storm

Funny you mentioned your dad, mine just texted me saying its the first time waiting for gas since he was 18 haha
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-08-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I got hurt real bad in 73 and we had to deal with rationing and odd/even days when traveling to the hospital/doctors every other week for a year and once a month for another.

The 400 mile turn around was bad enough but waiting in line was terrible.

When one of my drs. found out we were waiting for hours to gas up for the trip home he pulled some strings which allowed us to buy gas at the same place the ambulances did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would not recommend using a drill pump for pumping gasoline. You should only use a pump designed to pump fuels. NO SPARKS!

Little story....years ago we used a home daycare provider because my wife and I worked different shifts and needed someone to watch our son for about 3 hours in the afternoon. One afternoon when I was picking up my son our daycare provider's live-in boyfriend came home very shook up. He worked in a shop of some sort. Someone had put gasoline in a diesel vehicle and his boss was using a drill pump to pump it out of the tank when the drill apparently sparked the gasoline vapor, ingnited the fuel and his boss was very badly burned and later died.