Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2012, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tenacity

i have a 8oz bottle of tenacity that i have used very little of that i dont like. i dont want to use it an want to just give it away if anybody wants it.. send me a pm...
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
i have a 8oz bottle of tenacity that i have used very little of that i dont like. i dont want to use it an want to just give it away if anybody wants it.. send me a pm...
Make that 2 (Two) bottles to who ever wants it.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

send it up to me, ill add it to my gal jug- itll get used
Old 11-08-2012, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Why did you guys from FL buy Tenacity? It can't be used on bermudagrass, seashore paspalum, or bahiagrass. It's only labeled for St. Augustinegrass in sod production, not for lawns.

Just curious as to why you would have bought something like that in FL. It is labeled for centipedegrass, though. Do you treat much centipedegrass?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
Why did you guys from FL buy Tenacity? It can't be used on bermudagrass, seashore paspalum, or bahiagrass. It's only labeled for St. Augustinegrass in sod production, not for lawns.

Just curious as to why you would have bought something like that in FL. It is labeled for centipedegrass, though. Do you treat much centipedegrass?
St Augustine is the Most popular fine turf in SW Fla.

You are reading an old label. Tenacity was labeled for residential Lawns and sold in 8 oz bottles to us as the Next Sliced Bread. It works but takes multiply treatments. It turns the weeds white which our customer want to bulk at. If you want to be retreating all the time then Tenacity is the herbicide for you.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
St Augustine is the Most popular fine turf in SW Fla.

You are reading an old label. Tenacity was labeled for residential Lawns and sold in 8 oz bottles to us as the Next Sliced Bread. It works but takes multiply treatments. It turns the weeds white which our customer want to bulk at. If you want to be retreating all the time then Tenacity is the herbicide for you.

Tenacity was never labeled for use on St. Augustinegrass in residential lawns. Look at your newest label. Page 8 and page 12 specify that Tenacity is to be used on St. Augustinegrass for sod farm use only. This means no residential lawn use. Applying it to residential lawns is against the law. Has been since the product was first released.

But, I agree with you on the rest. It is a multiple app product and it does turn susceptible weeds very white. I've seen some customers who think the color is cool and some who hate it.

What do therest of our Tenacity users think? Do your customers like the white weeds or do they hate it (or do they not care)?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Skipster

Ric is correct about the label in 8 oz containers. Now as far as how good it works I have no idea. I have never used it.

http://www.greencastonline.com/Tenac...ial/index.aspx
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
Skipster

Ric is correct about the label in 8 oz containers. Now as far as how good it works I have no idea. I have never used it.

http://www.greencastonline.com/Tenac...ial/index.aspx
I can't get the link for the label to pull up from that website, John. It tells me that url is not available now. But, I am looking at a label from an 8 oz residential bottle as I type this. It's the same label that all the other containers have -- even the same label on the 30 gal drums. It says St. Augustinegrass is sod farm use only.

Not trying to get in a urinating contest about labels. I just didn't think Tenacity was a a big FL product. My good friend is a field research scientist with Syngenta in FL. He said that they gave distributors and sales reps specific instructions that this product is NOT to be sold to LCOs in FL for treating St. Augustinegrass. Syngenta saw LCO use in FL to be centipedegrass only.

Oh well. I always wondered how customers would perceive the whitening effect of Tenacity on susceptible weeds. A few more of these HPPD inhibitors are in the pipeline for T&O (already used in crops). I wonder if the whitening effect will change the way companies market these products.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the rep give me a sample bottle.. i tired it not very impressed with it and dont want it or need it. I would rather just give it to somebody then try to throw it away..
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbturf View Post
send it up to me, ill add it to my gal jug- itll get used
jb if you want it send me a pm with your address and i'll send it your way monday...