Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-09-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Make that 2 (Two) bottles to who ever wants it.

ric you should have that bottle of blindside on your door today..
Old 11-09-2012, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
ric you should have that bottle of blindside on your door today..
Thanks I got it just minutes ago. I tried calling you at work but the lines were tied up. You must be really busy.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yes things are very busy here.. we had a record month last month we ended up beating a record we set back in 2006..
Old 11-09-2012, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
Tenacity was never labeled for use on St. Augustinegrass in residential lawns. Look at your newest label. Page 8 and page 12 specify that Tenacity is to be used on St. Augustinegrass for sod farm use only. This means no residential lawn use. Applying it to residential lawns is against the law. Has been since the product was first released.

But, I agree with you on the rest. It is a multiple app product and it does turn susceptible weeds very white. I've seen some customers who think the color is cool and some who hate it.

What do therest of our Tenacity users think? Do your customers like the white weeds or do they hate it (or do they not care)?
I don't like it, seems to turn all the grass white and not kill the weeds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaPineStraw View Post
I don't like it, seems to turn all the grass white and not kill the weeds.
Posted via Mobile Device

that about sums it up for me also... glad i didnt pay for it..
Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

If they could work out blending Tenacity with a turf colorant they might really have something. Action on goosegrass and nimblewill in addition to a lot of the more common offenders here in the Northeast makes for nice spot treatments, but that bleaching is just too effing brutal. It's like you're shining a spotlight on every imperfection in the lawn.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe they call it Tenacity because of how tenacious you have to be in going back time after time to re-treat?? I've heard from others that it does actually work pretty well, but the number of treatments (not to mention the price alone) makes it a tough sell.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Saw this thread and thought I would add comments on my recent experience with Tenacity. Since closing my application business several years ago, I found myself using Tenacity on my own lawn after not keeping up with it this year and was overrun with nutsedge, clover, violets, etc. I was prepared to buy some Q4 but my old supplier at John Deere Lanscapes suggested Tenacity as a more economical alternative. I believe I paid around $50 for the 8 ounce bottle and used it to treat my 2 acres. It literally smoked everthing I wanted to get rid of and also had a dramatic effect on several patches of bermuda grass, which caught me off guard. I don't know if it killed it or not as its done for the season anyhow. However, after 3 weeks, the bleaching effect on my lawn did not make me happy. I then made a planned application of Sol-u-cal and two weeks later, with good rain, my lawn looked better than ever. So, happy with the final result, but not sure that I would have ever used it on customers lawns because it makes the lawn look like crap for weeks. Don't know if it would have turned around on it's own without the Sol-u-cal.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlawnturf View Post
Saw this thread and thought I would add comments on my recent experience with Tenacity. Since closing my application business several years ago, I found myself using Tenacity on my own lawn after not keeping up with it this year and was overrun with nutsedge, clover, violets, etc. I was prepared to buy some Q4 but my old supplier at John Deere Lanscapes suggested Tenacity as a more economical alternative. I believe I paid around $50 for the 8 ounce bottle and used it to treat my 2 acres. It literally smoked everthing I wanted to get rid of and also had a dramatic effect on several patches of bermuda grass, which caught me off guard. I don't know if it killed it or not as its done for the season anyhow. However, after 3 weeks, the bleaching effect on my lawn did not make me happy. I then made a planned application of Sol-u-cal and two weeks later, with good rain, my lawn looked better than ever. So, happy with the final result, but not sure that I would have ever used it on customers lawns because it makes the lawn look like crap for weeks. Don't know if it would have turned around on it's own without the Sol-u-cal.
I am glad you have success with Tenacity but you are on Cool Season Turf. St Augustine is labeled for half the Rate of AI as Cool Season Turf. Because St Augustine is susceptible to so many herbicides, it is a PITA to control weeds.

BTW At the lower St Augustine rate, my own Bermuda lawn showed no stress after being sprayed with Tenacity.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
It works but takes multiply treatments. It turns the weeds white which our customer want to bulk at. If you want to be retreating all the time then Tenacity is the herbicide for you.

i mixed with some confront to brown it out versus the white. It helped. But you're right. I was not a fan of tenacity this past year.