Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

job cost data

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmcintosh1 View Post
The info I'm most worried about losing is all of the job cost info, ex. how long each job took vs. estimated time, etc. All billing info is already in QB because I invoice thru QB, but I don't do job costing thru QB right now, I only do job costing thru Qxpress. Thanks for your help.
I don't think that is possible to move job cost data. Once you do a job, or a job for a year, you know what to adjust for the future. That's what job costing is about, the future and knowing now if you met your goal or projection. Historically I don't see it as valuable, other than building your knowledge bank of productions costs and times for the future.

I kept QX active for about 8 months and then deleted the program. Saved the data base. I never used it.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBFOXJr View Post
I don't think that is possible to move job cost data. Once you do a job, or a job for a year, you know what to adjust for the future. That's what job costing is about, the future and knowing now if you met your goal or projection. Historically I don't see it as valuable, other than building your knowledge bank of productions costs and times for the future.

I kept QX active for about 8 months and then deleted the program. Saved the data base. I never used it.
Thank you, Harold, for the info. One more question....once you canceled your QX subscription, is it still on your computer so that you can access it if you want, or were you unable to get into it? I'm curious because not everything comes over to QB. For example, I have contract customers that have mowing, pruning, cleanups, etc all under a monthly billing installment for the year. I can see each specific date work was performed in QX but when I print invoices from QB it only shows the Monthly installment. I do not want to lose all of the specifics in QX. Does that make sense? I appreciate anything you can tell me.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmcintosh1 View Post
Thank you, Harold, for the info. One more question....once you canceled your QX subscription, is it still on your computer so that you can access it if you want, or were you unable to get into it? I'm curious because not everything comes over to QB. For example, I have contract customers that have mowing, pruning, cleanups, etc all under a monthly billing installment for the year. I can see each specific date work was performed in QX but when I print invoices from QB it only shows the Monthly installment. I do not want to lose all of the specifics in QX. Does that make sense? I appreciate anything you can tell me.
What I know is SA asked me a lot of questions about how we ran, organized and sold stuff. Extracting from QX and installing in SA is kind of like mail merge. You identify what field from name goes to new field name.

SA is a different can of worms, and you will need to set it up in advance to make the move. There are mistakes and frustrations. It will not be like using QX with a different name and more features. Vocabulary is different. There is pain.

However flawed it is at this time, it still advanced the cause for me this year. The new version and planned upgrades to that should really rock.

Call SA now, rather than ask too much more here, because it will be worth it.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC1 View Post
That would be a nice update to have an app based routing system. It would save from having the data connection in each truck.

What else guys? Do you feel like the time it saves is worth the 140 bucks a month?
That is more than the pricing on their website states. Are you including a website too?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

anyone on here compare this to CLIP software?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
anyone on here compare this to CLIP software?
I actually used to use Clip many years ago. The reason I switched was horrible customer service, they claimed all my issues were "user errors" (I had been using the program 5 years prior, I knew what I was doing) and their reporting was a joke. I could run 5 different reports, all to equal the same ending result and they would all be different. Again, they said it was "user error". I dropped them and went to Qxpress, whom I've been happy with up until a couple of months ago. Now I'm starting to feel the same as I was with Clip. Poor customer service. I sent them an email for support last week and haven't heard a thing from anyone. I've been playing around with SA, so far it looks okay. Still need to play more though.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

SA- is it worth the cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
That is more than the pricing on their website states. Are you including a website too?
There are a number of factors in SA pricing, such as features, number of users, etc. It's not all about saving money. It's about driving sales, and they have features that let you market, sell and up sell. We sold work this year site unseen and in minutes. Call comes in for lawn fert. We do a phone interview with the lead. Measure online. Do the estimate in SA. Email esti. Gets accepted online. Activate lead and set up service. Email customer portal info and let them prepay online. The payment is automatically in the system and the money in your bank account.

We have had a ton of people use the online payment this year. Way more than when they could pay through quick books online.

Even if you are a solo operator and don't service many people or do too many things, this application will give you a quality of life and be worth it.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBFOXJr View Post
There are a number of factors in SA pricing, such as features, number of users, etc. It's not all about saving money. It's about driving sales, and they have features that let you market, sell and up sell. We sold work this year site unseen and in minutes. Call comes in for lawn fert. We do a phone interview with the lead. Measure online. Do the estimate in SA. Email esti. Gets accepted online. Activate lead and set up service. Email customer portal info and let them prepay online. The payment is automatically in the system and the money in your bank account.

We have had a ton of people use the online payment this year. Way more than when they could pay through quick books online.

Even if you are a solo operator and don't service many people or do too many things, this application will give you a quality of life and be worth it.
Many of my clients pay through QB what makes SA more effective at collecting payments?

Real Green seems to be market driven too. Coupons and up sells and such.

I really want that Sage Quest / Fleetmatics intergration... Desco does it but not as complete for our industry, more geared toward HVAC / Plumbing dispatching.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, the Sagequest/Fleetmatics integration is going to be awesome!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankook View Post
Yes, the Sagequest/Fleetmatics integration is going to be awesome!

Going? When... Where?