Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Here's a few more...should be pretty simple..????
Alright, lets see......
Ya got yer plastic two cycle piston support and ring compressor set ( color coordinated, I might add!), ya got a piston stop, ya got sumpin' I never used, ya got an L head valve keeper installer, (compressor, remover), ya got a control wire Z bender ( I like my home made one better, crisper bends), 'nuther side valve spring compressor, ya got yer starter C-ring install and remove tools,
Ya got yer 4 way carb jet tool (useless, by the way), ya got a carb offset screwdriver,
ya got a tang bender, ya got a crank holder for when you leakdown test, and some funky lookin' magnetic ended pocket clipped promotional thingamajig, and a pin spanner driver, that I'm sure is handy, but I ain't used one! And your guide pusher setup.

......AMF!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Not too bad...almost aced it again Fish....
The sumtim you never used. Is a pair of Briggs condenser pliers..used to compress the spring so you can insert the wire.
The 4way jet removal screwdriver is junk...bends before it'll ever remove a jet.
The funky pocket. Screwdriver is actually a Walbro left handed thread tamperproof cap remover..
The spanner driver fits poulan and echo clutches...impact pops them off with ease.

Id like to see your throttle wire z bender...the one picture puts an ok bend...but I usually have to tweak the bend with pliers to get a good fit...
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Didn't have those problems with seats and guides when there was a little lead in the fuel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Back in to 90's Kawasaki got a bad batch of undersize valve seats on the FB engines..
Some lasted longer than others...but they all fell out...lots of warranties..
The other recurring problem they brought upon themselves was when the engineers decided to make the synchro rods out of aluminum instead of cast iron with a bushing.
The rods didn't hold up too well...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Id like to see your throttle wire z bender...the one picture puts an ok bend...but I usually have to tweak the bend with pliers to get a good fit...

Here's my all-n-one Z bender !

Ahhh.....Slapper...... Guess I've been living under a rock.....

I never knew they updated my clip remover to the style you have, I'm always standing on egg shells every time I use mine in fear of snapping the pins again .....which I keep on hand.....

Guess whut I'm order'n tomorrow.....

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Make sure to get the c ring installer. It works well..
The remover is a bit funky..sometimes it works ..it doesn't seem to fit well atop the Briggs aluminum cap.
When it doesn't work...I dig one end of the ring out with a screwdriver and bend it off with my side cutters.

Nice z bend pliers....I guess SnapOn delivers out in the woods too...
Old 11-07-2012, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
it doesn't seem to fit well atop the Briggs aluminum cap.

Nice z bend pliers....I guess SnapOn delivers out in the woods too...

I got the installer years ago with the remover, Maybe a little Restro re-engineering can make it fit the cap better.....

Yep..... We have a couple trucks drive out from the BIG city....

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Not too bad...almost aced it again Fish....
The sumtim you never used. Is a pair of Briggs condenser pliers..used to compress the spring so you can insert the wire.
The 4way jet removal screwdriver is junk...bends before it'll ever remove a jet.
The funky pocket. Screwdriver is actually a Walbro left handed thread tamperproof cap remover..
The spanner driver fits poulan and echo clutches...impact pops them off with ease.

I thought that's what it was, only it looks bent and maybe flattened. I got a couple of em', one Stihl, one Echo. I never use em, I always use a small sheet metal screw and small vice grips. I got one of them there clutch thingys too, only the one I have is more of a flat disc with the pins and hex welded in, Echo made it.
I should have taken a pic of my z bender, nobody would have got it! Its a piece of flat steel ( actually a handle off a 1/4 turn ball valve, tough steel) with a slot cut in the end. Simple ,huh!
I make the first bend with my heavy duty linemans pliers. Then I lay it in the slot and bend it over. The thickness of the steel makes the correct depth of bend. It's a pain to use, but I got tired of havin to tweek the bends also.
I'll try and get a pic tomorrow.
Back in the day, I always said I was gonna get a pair of the condenser pliers, never did.

......AMF!

Last edited by BigFish; 11-08-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hmmm....How old did you say you were ????
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2012, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

These tools...along with my sanding block... have allowed me to produce near perfect heads every time... for more than 10 years now...
TOOLS DON"T COST MONEY...THEY MAKE MONEY...
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

My Favorite HomeMade Tool....
Attached Images