Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 PM
93turbo's Avatar
93turbo 93turbo is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: marengo, Oh
Posts: 482
dominion tracks

I was wondering if any one here has used or have any knowledge of these tracks I'm needing a new one and they are close offer a 1 year warranty $718 plus free shipping
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 AM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,253
Most of the aftermarket tracks will be the same quality as they are made in the same factories in the same place. McClaren seem too be a step up from most but It seems the OEM are still the best. Like on my TL140 I have found they range in price of 1100.00 dollars for the cheapest Aftermarket too 1800.00 for OEM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 AM
bobcat_ron's Avatar
bobcat_ron bobcat_ron is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Posts: 9,943
I had a representative from a Dominion track outlet show up at my door less than 2 years ago, I ripped up the brochure. I trust Mclaren or OEM. No substitutions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:51 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
Most of the aftermarket tracks will be the same quality as they are made in the same factories in the same place. McClaren seem too be a step up from most but It seems the OEM are still the best. Like on my TL140 I have found they range in price of 1100.00 dollars for the cheapest Aftermarket too 1800.00 for OEM.
My personal opinion is there is Bridgestone and then their is all the other aftermarket stuff. And I am not paying double for bridgestone
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2012, 07:37 PM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
My personal opinion is there is Bridgestone and then their is all the other aftermarket stuff. And I am not paying double for bridgestone
1 year ago I would have disagreed but my tracks are literally falling apart with 1100 hours. They still look good enough for 500 more hours but the drive cleats are coming out of the tracks. I am going aftermarket myself.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 AM
excav8ter excav8ter is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 189
Run Forest! Run!

I had a set of Dominion tracks....they did not work out too well.

I have Solideal "B" pattern tracks now and LOVE them. I will be get another pair when these wear out. Unless someone proves to me that there is something better.
I just turned 1,000 hours on them, and expect to get close to 2,000 total.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Nelson M Martin's Avatar
Nelson M Martin Nelson M Martin is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by excav8ter View Post
Run Forest! Run!

I had a set of Dominion tracks....they did not work out too well.

I have Solideal "B" pattern tracks now and LOVE them. I will be get another pair when these wear out. Unless someone proves to me that there is something better.
I just turned 1,000 hours on them, and expect to get close to 2,000 total.
I am curious what tread pattern you have on those tracks
I have tried this web site.. www.camoplastsolideal.com/
Just have no luck navigating around on that site
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-10-2012, 09:13 AM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson M Martin View Post
I am curious what tread pattern you have on those tracks
I have tried this web site.. www.camoplastsolideal.com/
Just have no luck navigating around on that site
They used too have a functioning website.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Nelson M Martin's Avatar
Nelson M Martin Nelson M Martin is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
They used too have a functioning website.
Yes it thought so too.........
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-10-2012, 01:32 PM
excav8ter excav8ter is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson M Martin View Post
I am curious what tread pattern you have on those tracks
I have tried this web site.. www.camoplastsolideal.com/
Just have no luck navigating around on that site
I bought them through Midwest Equipment, I believe they are located in Ohio....check tracksandtires.com
I think the tracks are called B-pattern or "crossfit"
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Page generated in 0.06943 seconds with 9 queries