Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll second the Case TR320. Try one out if you have a good dealer in your area. Before I bought mine, I ran it against a 289C and a TL240. The Case was just outperformed the others IMO and the new cab is nice. I also liked the TL240, it just felt a little dated and didn't have quite the breakout power. Overall nice machine though and well built. The Cat was distant third. The cab and instrument cluster is nice, minus the flimsy door. Power felt weak for a machine that size. Visibility to the rear is non-existent. The ride was a little better but not much.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
Please excuse my ignorance....orange and white...bobcats are korean? What do you mean by power tan?
Doosan bought Bobcat from Ingersoll Rand in 2007.

Doosan's are Orange, Bobcats are White

Doosan is based out of South Korea.

Power Tan - Case
Old 11-10-2012, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dozerman, for some reason I thought you had a Deere a while back. You didn't like the D series?
Old 11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran a cat 259 that was on our jobsite the other day and that suspension made a difference running down the street. It was smooth. My taki feels like it is going to rattle the windows out going down the street. On dirt it is smooth, but not on asphalt.

That being said I love my taki, I have had no problems. Taki's don't have much creature comforts, although I am comfortable working 12 hour days with their silky smooth hydraulics and air ride seat. Taki's are for guys that just want to get s##t done. And you just can't beat the hell out of a Taki. Cats are for guys that want to get S@#t done and look! You just hate to scratch up all that purty paint and decals.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
That's strange. My buddy at CAT says they're getting pretty good fuel consumption out of the new Tier IV engines over the previous models.
....well my friend Tim, watches his operating costs pretty closely. He has 2 - TL 240's and 1 TL130. He claims the tier 4 in the Taki is a thirsty engine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2012, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would vote for the bobcat t770 , but don't overlook the case and kubota machines .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
Dozerman, for some reason I thought you had a Deere a while back. You didn't like the D series?
I had a CT332 but sold it a few years ago. It was a strong machine but was constantly having breakdowns as soon as the warranty ran out. Not nickel and dime stuff either, expensive sh!t. The D Series seem to be an improvement if they are more durable. It would be hard for me to buy another one with lemon I had, especially with all the choices out there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like it will be the Bobcat. Is there any reason that buying a tier 3 engine machine would be bad?