Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-28-2012, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a HS 45C bought it last spring works like a champ, makes shrub work much easier.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Member

hedge trimmers

the stihl hs 45 are really nice
Old 10-29-2012, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

hs45

I have the hs45 and everytime I turn it ok its side it choked out. It's been in the shop twice and still won't stay running.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I know you said your budget was about 350 for another 200 hundred you could buy one of those sthil detachable long pruner systems. I would get the fixed bar I don't like the adjustable bar there's too many parts to hang up in the shrubs and slow you down. I don't know the model # but I love those things you can reach way in on top of big stuff and you can do the little stuff without bending over the whole time. (really saves the back and time) And for another 99 you can buy a weedwacker attachment for another 139 you can buy a chain saw attachment.

I think the detachable systems are a great idea in general you can take a lot more equipment with you taking up less space and if one thing goes down you can switch up attachments and be back to work most of the time. I recommend sthil because I just happen to like Sthil products.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks again for all the responses. I actually wound up with a Kawasaki KHDS600A. It was over my original budget, but with the $25 rebate, it was right at $400. I like the fact it has a zerk fitting on the gearbox and it was a professional model for not that much more money. I used it on Friday, and it started easily, was well balanced, and cut great. It also didn't use much fuel, unlike my thirsty Husqvarna equipment.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a hedge trimmer as well. My closest dealer has echo and redmax, and actually recommended the redmax. The gear box was built better and was sturdier, but the weight was the only issue I had with it. Still on the fence about owning more Stihl though.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

HS45 is great but I've had problems with the handles breaking...I guess maybe I'm too hard on them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2012, 03:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndr_lawn_care View Post
Thanks again for all the responses. I actually wound up with a Kawasaki KHDS600A. It was over my original budget, but with the $25 rebate, it was right at $400. I like the fact it has a zerk fitting on the gearbox and it was a professional model for not that much more money. I used it on Friday, and it started easily, was well balanced, and cut great. It also didn't use much fuel, unlike my thirsty Husqvarna equipment.
Great choice, I have the same trimmer, you will love it. Have had it for several years and no problems at all. Lot cheaper than the Stihl. Sorry mine is a KHT600D. But you will still love it.

Exmark Lazer ZX 29 hp Kaw 60in.
Exmark Turf Tracer HP 19hp Kaw 48in.
Honda HRX 217 21in.
Stihl FS90R Trimmer
Stihl FS94R Trimmer
Stihl FS250R Trimmer
Stihl FC 110 Edger
Stihl BR600 BackPack Blower
Stihl MS261 Pro Chain Saw
Echo CS 310 Chain Saw
Stihl HT 131 Pole Saw
Stihl SG20 BackPack Sprayer