Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutbetterthanyou View Post
I have no clue it is confusing to me. The weight in me door jam is 9200 so i can put 16800 behind it.Right or wrong? I don't understand
Where did you get the 16,800 number?

If you put 14k on a 14k trailer plus 2k TW you are over GVWR period.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,196
i think you try to confuse people. The trailer is the 16,800. And your truck should have a tow rating.

If you put 14 k on a 14 k trailer that has 2k TW added into the GVW then you are NOT over assuming the trailer weighs 2000 lbs or less. Most trailers that size weigh about 3000. My Cam has 7k axles and 2k TW added to the GVW so it has 16000 gvw. It weighs 2900 so I can put 13100 on it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
i think you try to confuse people. The trailer is the 16,800.
What trailer?

Quote:
If you put 14 k on a 14 k trailer that has 2k TW added into the GVW then you are NOT over assuming the trailer weighs 2000 lbs or less. Most trailers that size weigh about 3000.
You're confusing GVW with GVWR.

When I say put 14k on the trailer i am considering EW to be included in that number.

Quote:
My Cam has 7k axles and 2k TW added to the GVW so it has 16000 gvw. It weighs 2900 so I can put 13100 on it.
That doesn't maek any sense.

What is the stated GVWR of the trailer?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,196
It is 16k. I know you are the undisputed CDL/GVW king but Im afraid you have met your match
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
cutbetterthanyou cutbetterthanyou is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: intheboonies,maryland
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Where did you get the 16,800 number?

If you put 14k on a 14k trailer plus 2k TW you are over GVWR period.
9200 is what i can have on my truck including the tongue weight, correct?.I got 16,800 from subtracting the 9200 gvwr from the 26,000 cdl limit. My understanding was that i can tow the difference up to 26k without a cdl. And if my trucks gvwr is more i can tow less, and if it is less i can tow more. Right or wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutbetterthanyou View Post
9200 is what i can have on my truck including the tongue weight, correct?.
Yes

Quote:
I got 16,800 from subtracting the 9200 gvwr from the 26,000 cdl limit. My understanding was that i can tow the difference up to 26k without a cdl.
Yup. Up to 16,800 GVWR.

Quote:
And if my trucks gvwr is more i can tow less, and if it is less i can tow more. Right or wrong?
Yup
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,196
repost....

Last edited by 4 seasons lawn&land; 11-11-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Yes



Yup. Up to 16,800 GVWR.




Yup


Well with that logic you could tow 22,000 with a hyundai Your talking about being CDL legal only but there are other laws too. A 9200 GVWR truck is rated to tow around 10000
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
A 9200 GVWR truck is rated to tow around 10000
That is not a legal rating.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Marek Marek is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,248
Do you have a Class A ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.09789 seconds with 9 queries