Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Need help with a situation

Hey guys,
Thanks for viewing. I have got myself into a growth situation and need some help to keep this business moving. I feel defeated and like I need to rethink how to run this business.

First things first let me tell you more about my setup.

I have roughly 62 accounts which are weekly small/medium residential
A handful of bi-weekly residentials
A few small commercials

I use gopher for all the billing/scheduling/pricing/estimating

I have one guy that helps me

Every one of these accounts pay for or require different services. its a scheduling/billing nightmare. Im working so much that when I get home Im to tired to even catch up on phone calls/emails ect. When its time to bill, its all messed up because i didnt keep on top of it or I lost the piece of paper with important info on it ect. Basically there is no consistancy which is starting to hurt me. I have had a couple of customers cancel due to reliability/billing issues. So the million dollar question is how to straighten this out. Will the list below be possible solutions to these problems and save this business?

I feel like I need more man power. Maybe I should hire someone to take my place in the truck and I can start running the business and keep on top of all the billing/phone calls/emails ect..

Risk losing customers by switching everyone to a fixed price/service schedule

I need to figure out the exact cost of running the business. I can look at bank statements and see how much of this or how much of that I spent in a month but I really couldnt tell you honestly.

It has gotten to the point where im not able to do as I say or be somewhere when Im suppose to be there. I dont know if its a personal problem within myself, or if this business wasnt setup properly to begin with to handle this many customers.

Any ideas or changes I should make? Im trying to fix this before it destroys what Ive worked so hard to build up.
Im sure Ive left out important info so ask questions if need be

thanks