Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Hmmmm. Who died and crowned you king dick?


Sucks to be wrong doesnt it?





I just sold my 14 k dump trailer. That thing was hell on my poor little 3/4 ton. In no way was it legal. If I got checked it would have been overweight on Rear axle, tires, rims, and hitch.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
Sucks to be wrong doesnt it?
Show me where I am wrong.



Quote:
I just sold my 14 k dump trailer. That thing was hell on my poor little 3/4 ton.
You must be a very poor operator, Richard.

Quote:
In no way was it legal. If I got checked it would have been overweight on Rear axle, tires, rims, and hitch.
Perfectly legal. As with any trailer it'd have to be loaded properly.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
In MD you need a class A cdl to to a commercial trailer that is registered over 10k. A camper no but your dump trailer would need a class A
You got anything to back up such a statement?

You seem to like to pull stuff from your arse and pass it off as fact.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
So you sold the 14k and bought a 16k?

You are making quite the statements hee considering some the thread you have started lately.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,280
I have a 35,000 lb International dump truck to tow with ****** bag.

Where are you wrong? Well you have 1064 post... lets start with those.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Marek Marek is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,295
Duffster who do you think you are ? I know what it is your real big and bad on a keyboard !
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Marek Marek is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,295
Like we have all told you before, call the scale house and talk to the trooper !

410-442-2495
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:09 PM
cutbetterthanyou cutbetterthanyou is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: intheboonies,maryland
Posts: 1,174
Like i said i talked to the DOT officer last week, that's who works at the scale house isn't it? I put this on here cuz I have had a few ppl tell me different things.I really didn't think what he told me was right. I guess maybe it was, maybe not. First off he never asked me what class of licence i even had. He also failed to metion anything about what the truck is capiable of. he left me feeling like someones comment about a ranger or hyndai pulling a big trailer, which I didn't feel was right. I'm pretty sure i get it now, little in the gray, but i think i understand now. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,280
Im thinking your question was about CDL laws so thats all he gave you. Every vehicle has its own individual capacities that are enforced in addition to cdl laws.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM
cutbetterthanyou cutbetterthanyou is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: intheboonies,maryland
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
Im thinking your question was about CDL laws so thats all he gave you. Every vehicle has its own individual capacities that are enforced in addition to cdl laws.
It was ,but i told him what truck i had and what i was thinking about buying. And even told him "I am asking you before i buy so that i know i'm legal" You would think he would have explained that a little more. I guess if he don't explain it they that gives him a reason to pull me and give a ticket next time he sees me,typical.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.08132 seconds with 9 queries