Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-10-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I should have clarifide I need the track for a mini x so traction or tread pattern is not a concern I just need a track that doesnt fall apart
Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well you better keep looking then!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2012, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93turbo View Post
I should have clarifide I need the track for a mini x so traction or tread pattern is not a concern I just need a track that doesnt fall apart
My ex has over 1700 hours on the tracks and they look new? How long are you getting out of your tracks?
Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
My ex has over 1700 hours on the tracks and they look new? How long are you getting out of your tracks?
I have 1900 hrs on mine but I bought it used and someone had replaced one track cause its not even the right width while the other track looks good still
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I know people on here have their own opinions and experiences with McLaren tracks. My experience I would now steer clear of McLaren tracks for excavators. I have a Kubota KX121-3 excavator. I replaced the original OEM tracks after 2800 hrs. One track the steel cord began to let go. It eventually failed. I like to replace tracks in pairs.
After 400 hrs. the two new McLaren tracks are developing cracks in the rubber approx. 2" in from both the outer as well as the inner edge on the track side of both tracks. The metal cord can be seen inside of the cracks. I'm finding the cord is only to be about an 1/8" from the surface. When I purchased the tracks I was offered a heavier duty version tracks at an additional cost. I chose the HD version. When they arrived, I found the tracks didn't even come close to being as heavy or beefy as the worn out OEM tracks I was replacing., I am 2 month over the 1 year warranty. I have spoken with McClaren's customer service. They had me send them pictures of the tracks. After them reviewing the pics, I was told they are not defective. It seems they outsource their customer service. The girl I spoke to said she has been doing this job for 2 years now. Has never had any field experience. But can determine by just looking at pictures whether or not tracks are defective.