Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Starting out in NC

Im trying to get started for next year in NC and was wondering about the landscape contractors license. I saw that they are trying to pass new legislation about landscape contractors and didnt know what happened about that. I was looking at the application to take the test and it asks about experience and or clients, right now the experience i have is working on golf courses in high school, and doing a sports turf management internship in college with a focus on sustainable turf management. Recently i have been out of work and my last position was with a company harvesting rainwater. So my question is should i go ahead and get the landscape contractors license or wait until after my first year and have some clients to put down. I am really interested in landscaping and as a kid growing up i was always pushing my mower around and cuttin' grass. I hate being inside and cant wait to get started i love working outdoors and with my hands. Any advise would be very helpful. This forum has been great so far!