Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

King, pm me if you want, I can give you a little more insight on some of the questions you have.

Btw, where are you located?
Old 11-11-2012, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm near Topeka kansas
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Sponsor

We work directly with a large number of lawn care and landscape companies that have done very well in the pro Christmas industry. While there are many that only do a handful of Christmas installations each year, however there are also a number of them that do hundreds of thousands worth of work per season and a few that break through the million dollar mark. One of our owners, Leonard Schulz, started in the lawn and landscape industry and ended up expanding his operation into a seven figure per season Christmas company.
To get started in this business, reading the forums on Lawnsite is a great source of information as well as other sites like Planet Christmas. We've been doing pro Christmas installations for close to 35 years and have put together a comprehensive book that can also help you out and we also offer consulting during the off season for newcomers to the pro Christmas industry. You can take a look at our book here:

http://store.christmasdesigners.com/...-Business.html

However you go about learning the ropes in this industry, just take it slow and be sure you are getting information from well informed sources. There are many so called experts that have very limited field experience. If anyone is telling you that you'll get rich quick, run the other way. It's a great industry, but there is a lot of hard work involved and it takes a number of years to grow the business properly. But it is one of the best secondary businesses to pair up with a lawn or landscaping business.
#1 Choice for Pros and Christmas Enthusiasts Alike
Old 11-12-2012, 04:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I called specifically asking questions about the book, and was guaranteed that the girl I talked to was going to have you call me.

Needless to say, with taking into consideration the response Christmas Designers had with UPS losing my order last year, I am sure you didn't get the message. She also never shipped my order and if I hadn't called back as I didn't receive any invoice or shipping info it still wouldn't be shipped.

Not gonna bash Christmas Designers as I have had nothing but a great experience with product, and you enabled me to believe I could use LED again after the disaster I had previously. Specifically the M-5 conicals, reliable, brilliant color and even my client was over joyed.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Sponsor

Sorry Dennis you didn't get the message I left you. I actually called the same afternoon you called about the book, but got your voice mail. If you have any shipping issues, you know you can always shoot me an email or contact me directly and I'll make sure it gets taken care of. As you know, in this business, chaos is the rule and some things do slip through the cracks from time to time. If there is anything you aren't getting from us, never hesitate to contact me.

ChristmasDesigners.com

Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Member

If i sign up with you at Christmas designers do you think its to late to start this year?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-12-2012, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutely never to late. I actually talked with Jason this afternoon, their customer service is just awesome to say the least. Unfortunately, my order won;t be arriving until tomorrow, am really chomping at the bit to see the c09's that are coming. One is an ultra energy saver and the other a quick change color changing, looks really cool on the website.

I have had a set of their m5 conical plugged in since feb 26 in my shop, no issue at all!
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Sponsor

No, never too late to start! Get your feet wet this year and then you'll be ready for a big 2013 holiday season.

ChristmasDesigners.com