Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Is this OK for a basic starter website?

www.greaveslawncare.com

I would like to know if anyone started with just a simple website like this and what kind of traffic they got...how much would it be to upgrade this significantly?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag2112 View Post
www.greaveslawncare.com

I would like to know if anyone started with just a simple website like this and what kind of traffic they got...how much would it be to upgrade this significantly?
You will not likely see any traffic that's not direct type-in or accidental. There is no basic SEO or content, you mention your service location once, and you don't seem to have local pages via google, yahoo, bing, etc to point to your domain. Really, what you have is a business card or very basic brochure that happens to be on a web server.

Like any landscaping project, to properly build or upgrade it, it's all a matter of budget and what you want to accomplish. If you go with a pre-built theme or have a site built, you're looking at $15 to $3000*.

Take a look through the archives here, especially those who ask for site reviews, and you'll see the advice some of us would give you. There is a lot of info to be had here.

*Really, you can fit any number in here depending on needs/budget/skill/long-term work/support from the developer.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Its pretty horrible.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
You will not likely see any traffic that's not direct type-in or accidental. There is no basic SEO or content, you mention your service location once, and you don't seem to have local pages via google, yahoo, bing, etc to point to your domain. Really, what you have is a business card or very basic brochure that happens to be on a web server.

Like any landscaping project, to properly build or upgrade it, it's all a matter of budget and what you want to accomplish. If you go with a pre-built theme or have a site built, you're looking at $15 to $3000*.

Take a look through the archives here, especially those who ask for site reviews, and you'll see the advice some of us would give you. There is a lot of info to be had here.

*Really, you can fit any number in here depending on needs/budget/skill/long-term work/support from the developer.
Thanks! I basically wanted to get it up and was going to look on craigslist for a developer before next spring. I appreciate the feedback.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

lol i also like how you say. "We may have the apperance of a big lawn corporation," but you have a pic of crappy little 80's ford ranger with 3 guys stuffed in it, and a mower in the bed.

Id like to see what a "small Lawn corporation" looks like in your area lol
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
lol i also like how you say. "We may have the apperance of a big lawn corporation," but you have a pic of crappy little 80's ford ranger with 3 guys stuffed in it, and a mower in the bed.

Id like to see what a "small Lawn corporation" looks like in your area lol
Haha ya that picture should probably be updated.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag2112 View Post
Thanks! I basically wanted to get it up and was going to look on craigslist for a developer before next spring. I appreciate the feedback.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you want it to generate web-driven leads for 2013, you really want to get the ball rolling, in some way, shape, or form, sooner than next Spring. It's by no means an on/off switch.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

yo who do you host with? if its godaddy then install wordpress and use it to make your website. Its reaaaally easy and you can get a decent looking site up in a few hours
Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Better photos would help. Grass pictures look better and more green if taken on a dark cloudy day. Try to find some professional-looking uniforms for the crew. Don't advertise "cheap prices" advertise fair prices and top-quality.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its pretty bad. There are some spelling errors and it looks cheap. If your going to do it, do it right. It needs high quality pictures and alot more information. You would have been better off with a free facebook page at this point. I dont mean to be harsh, but honestly for your benefit this webpage doesnt look good for someone interested in your services. A well designed website can generate lots of clients.