Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Member

jungle gold

The Jungle Gold guys are pathetic, they can't even run their own excavator. What do the two guys do all day? And who the hell doesn't know to keep enough gas on hand to run their pumps when doing a wet dig. Just like how Fred fired the guy on Gold Rush this week, a miner who can't run equipment is useless. I just wonder what the native Ghana guys think about these stupid white boys that can't do a thing on there own.

I feel Gold Rush is a big commercial sometimes LOL. Like the Ford 1 ton pulling the semi truck back to Indian Creek that was totally ******* staged they did the same bit on Ice Road Truckers. Yeah I've pulled a stuck tandem dump truck out with my one-ton a few times too but I didn't make Dodge commercials or even think it was that great. I mean have you seen the Guinness Book of Records a guy pulls a 188 ton aircraft with a body harness lets bring him on Gold Rush to free all the stuck equipment that would be entertaining!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

^^ I thought the same thing rawtoxic... Especially with all the mud and puddles around from the melting snow, couldn't understand how magically the truck pulling the semi gained traction
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not going to bash the shows themselves, because they are on tv! They are making money from being tv and that is the purpose of the business. get viewers intrigued so ratings are up and they are able to sell 40 min of commercials in an hour long show! each cast member gets close to 28,000 per episode, these are very wealthy cast members. when this year on gold rush the Hoffmanns come out with two bulldozers, two brand new built from scratch wash plants, loaders and excavators and all of the pumps and everything they need, it shows obviously they have ridiculous investors who are being paid by producers from the millions they are making from the tv show! Every ''reality" show on tv is somewhat staged! You can't admit that it's great tv! I love ax men the most. Seems to be pretty legit and always a friendly competition. I especially love rygard. But cotsie cracks me up yelling at everyone and fighting with good ole joe!

Tv is tv ! Keeps us entertained! Jungle gold is just a new adventure to get Americans excited about the risk two fratty white boys can take.

Cheers to some good tv!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

REALITY TV AIN'T REAL !!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's why Americans love it! Because most people think its real! Besides sports, tv is a warped, staged, and dialogued.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh hell, now I see American Digger re-runs back on Spike. God help us all BOOM BABY!!!
Posted via Mobile Device