Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleLawnCare View Post
The BR600 is a toy compared to the Husqvarna 580BTS!!! I seen four of them in action this morning and I was anything but impressed.
again, using the right tool for the job helps. using only a backpack blower is how a high school kid or home owner might do a fall clean, infact i did clean ups with just a backpack blower back when i was in HIGH SCHOOL and 16. you can have the most powerful, heaviest, loudest, most expensive backpack blower out there and you are not gonna get a clean done any better then someone like me who has the right tools to do a clean up. each tool has its purpose, and like i said before back packs are for blowing out beds, corners, under trees anywhere a ground blower can't get. and if you use it for that, then a stihl br600 while it may not blow the highest cfm it isn't far behind, and they are so close it doesn't even matter. after doing clean ups for 7 years, I just want the lightest commercial grade backpack, and i think stihl has it covered with the br600. i'm probably going to pick one up tomorrow morning. i have the husky 180bt, no complaints except it weighs 29lbs vs. 21 like the br600. the husky even holds more fuel, but now that i have the right tools for the job, all of my clean ups are done in under 2hrs, but the husky is pretty bad on fuel and i've heard the br600's are much more fuel efficient anyways. i'll find out tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Your right, having the right tools is essential. I have a billy goat 13hp, a 150bt, and the 580bts. I can out perform my "goat" with the 580 any day of the week. I get 1.5hrs out of a tank of fuel which I feel gives me every dime worth. I guess it all comes down to preference, I like chevys and you may like fords.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Your right, having the right tools is essential. I have a billy goat 13hp, a 150bt, and the 580bts. I can out perform my "goat" with the 580 any day of the week. I get 1.5hrs out of a tank of fuel which I feel gives me every dime worth. I guess it all comes down to preference, I like chevys and you may like fords.
i like chevy's too, they make really nice trucks especially the silverado Ltz. Ford's aren't bad either. I wish you were closer I would sell you my 180bt because I don't want it anymore, I don't need the extra weight.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Husky 580 really is so powerful that in most situations it's more productive than a wheel blower, at least my 10HP Billy Goat, unless you're doing something like pushing a winrow across an open level lawn with no obstacles.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
again, using the right tool for the job helps. using only a backpack blower is how a high school kid or home owner might do a fall clean, infact i did clean ups with just a backpack blower back when i was in HIGH SCHOOL and 16. you can have the most powerful, heaviest, loudest, most expensive backpack blower out there and you are not gonna get a clean done any better then someone like me who has the right tools to do a clean up. each tool has its purpose, and like i said before back packs are for blowing out beds, corners, under trees anywhere a ground blower can't get. and if you use it for that, then a stihl br600 while it may not blow the highest cfm it isn't far behind, and they are so close it doesn't even matter. after doing clean ups for 7 years, I just want the lightest commercial grade backpack, and i think stihl has it covered with the br600. i'm probably going to pick one up tomorrow morning. i have the husky 180bt, no complaints except it weighs 29lbs vs. 21 like the br600. the husky even holds more fuel, but now that i have the right tools for the job, all of my clean ups are done in under 2hrs, but the husky is pretty bad on fuel and i've heard the br600's are much more fuel efficient anyways. i'll find out tomorrow.
eh I'll stick to using the backpack for beds with leaves, sidewalks and driveways for grass and leaves AND I'll even blow leaves from one end of the yard to the other then load them in my trailer m

rarely does anyone in my neck of the woods mess with walkbehind blowers or anything else.

doesn't matter how you do it, just that you do it and get paid what you wanted for it.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
well I picked up my br600 this morning, damn is that thing is light and quiet, I also picked up my echo from the shop this afternoon, still runs like new after 7 years of commercial use. and I had my husky 180bt with me the whole time, I didn't use either but my workers said they both liked the br600 and it seemed blow the leaves and other debris just fine, the husky definitely has more power. but even still the br600 wasn't under powered by any means. It didn't slow my clean ups down at all even though the leaves were still wet. they still went just as fast as if I was using my echo 751t and the husky 180bt. but i'm glad you do have the right tools for the job. good luck!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks and good luck to you to. Another thing you always have to take into consideration is the reputation of the place your buying from, availability of parts, and service.

Here is my rig and a job I did this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=94a079f54b

Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Thanks and good luck to you to. Another thing you always have to take into consideration is the reputation of the place your buying from, availability of parts, and service.

Here is my rig and a job I did this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=94a079f54b

looks CLEAN after you went in there. The two places i buy my equipment from are both very reputable and have been around for over 30-40 years, longer then i know of, i'm only 24. and the availability of parts and service is excellent as well. around me there are 5 different stihl dealers, and at least 3 different scag dealers, same with little wonder. so parts are service are very plentiful. keep up the good work.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Stay away from Echo. Seemed to be a bit hard starting after one season. Took it too the dealer for repair. $97. and it starts well and runs well. When I got home found the trigger is now messed up. Back to dealer. Dealer says carburetor is wore out from dirty air cleaner!!!! Wants another $100 for new carb. Less than year old and filter is NOT dirty. Only used to blow sidewalks and a few clean ups. Demanded dealer repair under warrantee. Guess what. Dealer now says they overtighted the carb bolts and it works fine. Carb is not wore out after all. Use all Stihl handhelds except this blower. Stihls will run for a long long time and always start (if my guys don't start messing with adjustments) And outlast the crap out of all the others. The stihl backpack blower might not move as much air as several of the others. Replacing with STIHL.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like more of a dealer problem.