Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-16-2010, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have not read the entire thread, but look at the other end of the motor. I had to clean the spark arrestor and that solved the problem.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

There is no oil under the clutch. When I changed the coil everything under the cover was clean. It it really worth taking the whole thing apart? A new one goes for under 300 bucks. Someone was raving about his Husky 326 that he picked up for 200. I know a gasket is cheap but would the ports go from working fine to not working properly in the span of 10 minutes?

Ran great, turned it off moved to next account and the thing didn't work right. That doesn't sound like clogged ports to me.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Member

I know they don't like 40-1 at all! 50-1 only ... I have a question, I have an old 2100 echo that starts right up and runs great for 1-2 mins. then bogs down and dies...what's up? cleaned the carb out ... do I need a kit?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=TOOLSHACK;2101852]The carb on the SRM-261T is ADJUSTABLE !!! The adjustment screw is hidden under a "limiter cap" that is required by the EPA. The limiter cap is located inside the hole on the top of the carb... where the rotor is (part that swivels when throttle cable is pulled). If you have a GOOD dealer in your area, he should have a service bulletin that shows him (and you) how to adjust the carb. If you run 89 octane and a synthetic oil at the CORRECT mixture, keep your air filter clean, and keep debris from building up on the exterior of the carb.... you shouldn't have any problems or need any adjustments.

I did not know about this hidden jet screw. I took a look at an old trimmer that was not running due to some carb issues and got it running. Here is a link to a small video I made on how to locate that jet screw. Thanks for posting this info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmbZ5ArpJq0
Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=Doublewide6;4583901]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLSHACK View Post
The carb on the SRM-261T is ADJUSTABLE !!! The adjustment screw is hidden under a "limiter cap" that is required by the EPA. The limiter cap is located inside the hole on the top of the carb... where the rotor is (part that swivels when throttle cable is pulled). If you have a GOOD dealer in your area, he should have a service bulletin that shows him (and you) how to adjust the carb. If you run 89 octane and a synthetic oil at the CORRECT mixture, keep your air filter clean, and keep debris from building up on the exterior of the carb.... you shouldn't have any problems or need any adjustments.

I did not know about this hidden jet screw. I took a look at an old trimmer that was not running due to some carb issues and got it running. Here is a link to a small video I made on how to locate that jet screw. Thanks for posting this info.

Why don't you go over the repair forum and post this utube video since
many many people are always asking about hidden needle adjustment.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just got my Echo 770 back, had the problem when cold bogging down an shutting off. After the original Carb was cleaned twice an two new plugs replaced an problem was not resolved. Got a new carb seems to be the fix.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=Doublewide6;4583901]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLSHACK View Post
The carb on the SRM-261T is ADJUSTABLE !!! The adjustment screw is hidden under a "limiter cap" that is required by the EPA. The limiter cap is located inside the hole on the top of the carb... where the rotor is (part that swivels when throttle cable is pulled). If you have a GOOD dealer in your area, he should have a service bulletin that shows him (and you) how to adjust the carb. If you run 89 octane and a synthetic oil at the CORRECT mixture, keep your air filter clean, and keep debris from building up on the exterior of the carb.... you shouldn't have any problems or need any adjustments.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm glad you dudes are on here ... I cleaned my carb ... then rebuilt my carb ... and could not get this echo 2100 to run ... I pulled off the tank breather and now she;s screamin' ..man! I'll check that first next time ...LOL Thanks for the Knowledge! I was at homedepot and found a fuel replacement package ... has all lines and filter and breather and a new cap washer for like $12 bucks ... that's a really good deal ...right?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=DaveyBlue32;4584206]Here is a video I found after I made mine. It shows an excellent way to remove the plug. It was a pain in the ass drilling it out because I did not know how deep to go with out drilling into the screw head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvRR0Vv_iHQ

Ed feel free to copy and paste these video links where ever on this site they should be. I'm happy I could help out.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I found that screw cover ...man I'm gonna need some Bi-Focals... and what did you use a jewelers screw driver or something ... gonna check at the harbor freight for something that small? LOL