Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler X-one

Pleased to open a positive thread regarding the new ownership of a Hustler X-one. Great machine, it rides well, power is good from the 31hp kawasaki, the deck cuts exceptionally well.

Are there many contractors on here that are using the X-one?

Only small issue Im having is the right hand wheel is faster than the left, to cut in a straight line I need to pull back on the right lever. Does anyone know if that would likely be the right hand wheel is faster or more likely the left wheel is slower?
Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Are there many contractors on here that are using the X-one?

Only small issue Im having is the right hand wheel is faster than the left, to cut in a straight line I need to pull back on the right lever. Does anyone know if that would likely be the right hand wheel is faster or more likely the left wheel is slower?
They are a great value and great machine. I have had mine for over a year. To adjust your ability to keep a straighter line, look at the bolts which stop the levers from going forward and adjust accordingly, one is obviously set back further than the other.

Thanks,

Michael

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
They are a great value and great machine. I have had mine for over a year. To adjust your ability to keep a straighter line, look at the bolts which stop the levers from going forward and adjust accordingly, one is obviously set back further than the other.

Thanks,

Michael
Thanks Michael. I found the bolts on levers, they have no head on them but quite easy to turn with fingers. Would they be the ones you were referring to?

One was stopping the lever making them uneven, so I adjusted thinking this will fix it for sure. But it didnt fix, still the same scenario the left wheel is slower than the right. I had a go at adjusting the arm that joins the lever to the hydro, but I couldnt loosen the lock nut closest to the hyrdo. I was attempting to losen it anti-clockwise but just about rounded the nut head, tried the other way & no luck so gave up before doing too much damage.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks Michael. I found the bolts on levers, they have no head on them but quite easy to turn with fingers. Would they be the ones you were referring to?

One was stopping the lever making them uneven, so I adjusted thinking this will fix it for sure. But it didnt fix, still the same scenario the left wheel is slower than the right. I had a go at adjusting the arm that joins the lever to the hydro, but I couldnt loosen the lock nut closest to the hyrdo. I was attempting to losen it anti-clockwise but just about rounded the nut head, tried the other way & no luck so gave up before doing too much damage.
Yes the bolts that stop the levers forward motion was what I was suggesting. I would suggest taking back to your dealer for better insight then. It could be something really simple but it may not so go have them make it right.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yes the bolts that stop the levers forward motion was what I was suggesting. I would suggest taking back to your dealer for better insight then. It could be something really simple but it may not so go have them make it right.
Yeah will do, i'll let you know what it was. Cheers
Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Yeah will do, i'll let you know what it was. Cheers
Also green have you tried the Hustler sub forums here on Lawnsite? There used to be a really good rep that would help answer questions but I have not been in awhile but I know mowerconsultant was his name and he no longer is employed by Hustler, but would assume someone else it.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

Quote:
Also green have you tried the Hustler sub forums here on Lawnsite? There used to be a really good rep that would help answer questions but I have not been in awhile but I know mowerconsultant was his name and he no longer is employed by Hustler, but would assume someone else it.
yes, the Hustler forum is still active here on the site and there is a new rep from Hustler that posts in there as well...his user name here on the site is hustlermidwest and here is the direct link to their forum http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31