Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
Its pretty bad. There are some spelling errors and it looks cheap. If your going to do it, do it right. It needs high quality pictures and alot more information. You would have been better off with a free facebook page at this point. I dont mean to be harsh, but honestly for your benefit this webpage doesnt look good for someone interested in your services. A well designed website can generate lots of clients.
Ok that's kind of what I figured, I threw it together in about am hour so I might just take it down and try to get one built, my problem is that I really don't have a budget much over 500 to get one built.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Check out yahoo business. They offer website services and you can down load the tools/software to build your own and they will host it. the trick is not to spend a fortune but it needs to look like you did. You'll have to do most of the work yourself with their software. just google some other companies websites to get some ideas on how to lay it out and what info needs to be there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2012, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
the trick is not to spend a fortune but it needs to look like you did.
To some extent, I agree, but the real trick is to get your web site found in the first place. This is where the DIY site builders consistently fail and user expectations result in frustration. I'd focus more time, self-education, and budget on this than I would on the visual aspect.

ag2112, if you're not doing anything until the Spring, spend as much time in the off-season learning what you can about on and off-page seo (especially local seo), content writing/shaping, and reading through previous posts in this forum. Cost? Zero dollars, so it's budget-friendly. You'll find the sweat equity is worth it and will allow you to confidently make the best decision to move forward with your web project.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haha I must have left that part out!! Yes a website is good if it has good placement so people can find you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's better than nothing! Mine is pretty basic too. It lets people know who you are, what you do etc. I like the picture of you guys. It makes things more personable.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar Lawn Care View Post
It's better than nothing! Mine is pretty basic too. It lets people know who you are, what you do etc. I like the picture of you guys. It makes things more personable.
You are right, better than nothing.

I think it is important to act as a potential customer who saw your post on CL. Would this website make them want to call you? Probably not

In today's world, you want to spend some time and money on a real website. When you type in lawncare in X on google, you want to be on the first page.

Nobody is going to find this site doesn't already have the webpage. Furthermore, once they find it, will it make them want to hire you.