Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

MA10 Melter/Applicator first time HATE IT

I don't know if it's just the one I bought or what but what a pain in the ass. The metal wheels rattle like mad,thing wobbles like crazy. do they all have wobbly wheels?im going to get washers and tighten wheels.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Also took WAY to long to get hot. Also drips a lot. I'm seriously sick of this thing and it's only my first time using it.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I have two and love them. They keep the product hot way longer then a speed bander. I use a 30 gal and 55 gal and pour it into it. I dont actually melt my crack blocks in the ma-10. I can go away further and not have to walk back and forth near as much. They do drip more but if you seal over the drive way its no big deal. My speed bander just sits in the corn and collects dust, unless I have a drive way on a big hill or in bewteen curb blocks
Old 10-24-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, they are not the best invented machine for that type of work. If only I could weld I would make it custom, especially the valve part. Have the valve part place completely at the end of the tube would save a lot of dripping. And some kind of second valve for the L metal tube going down, so you can empty the extra materiel still stuck in the tube when you are done, you wouldn't need to heat up that tube every time it's cold.

I'm thinking of buying a 30 gal melter that would always be on, and fill up the 10gal with it. Some jobs I think I had to wait 45mins to get the materiel going, while it took me 10 mins to seal it. lol.
Complete lawn care services
Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I usually dont have to heat the tube going down when i start it up. Once it gets hot it flows out no problem for me. I only leave about 3 inches of rubber in it when im done. Or i try to leave that little amount. So when i go do a drive it starts right up and i can fill in cracks in 10 min. for a small driveway. they are super heavy though and really are not that well insulated compared to the 30 or 55 gallon melters.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea they are heavy duty for sure, I'll need to get some bigger melters and keep them on all day long, always hot! lol
Complete lawn care services
Old 10-26-2012, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I use a 55, 30, and two 10s, but i cant get over 7,000 linear ft a day. works good, i love the 10 gallons over the speed bander for sure. i find the speed bander you have to make sure u dont get clumps from your big melter or it will clog. and it happened so many times to me i just baged it.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Wanna sell it?