Register free!

Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Why double dip when you can triple!

I love this time of year. Getting paid great for maintenance and install after install.

I have one crew doing big paver/landscape installs. Got one crew doing maintenance and small landscaping. I've be doing a little thing or two myself everyday. I Just might retire one day after all.

Cheers to winter time in Florida!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tell me about it. I made $1100 in 6 hours on a job the other day. All hand tools too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2012, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-City Outdoors View Post
I love this time of year. Getting paid great for maintenance and install after install.

I have one crew doing big paver/landscape installs. Got one crew doing maintenance and small landscaping. I've be doing a little thing or two myself everyday. I Just might retire one day after all.

Cheers to winter time in Florida!
Yep good times. Last week in my first week off I had 13 pallets of St. Augustine going in, had 21 yards of mulch installed , 5 palm trees trimmed, two different sets of viburnum that were over 15 foot lowered to just under 10 foot, a couple of very small installs....all while getting expense information ready from the comfort of my couch. I live for winter here in CFL. We were able to do just a little spraying or shrub trimming on maybe a third of the properties this week as the turf has slowed to nothing and started going off color. Life is good.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Shhhhhhhhh not so loud
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Shhhhhhhhh not so loud
Hahahahaha....but, all the northern guys say Florida sucks....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Shhhhhhhhh not so loud
I would like think things are looking good all over the world as well as our country. I am seeing tons of port a potties all over my town again, meaning construction is on the rise. I would hate to give Obama the credit because the world economy in general is also on the rise. But I have to admit I am in better shape now than I have been since Hurricane Charlie. How ever I down sized big time and no long have the huge expense of children in college.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the St.augustine really could be cut every 3 weeks. It is just not growing. Even my St.Aug lawn that is well fertilized has come to a standstill. I am still cutting bi-weekly just to mulch up leaves ect on customer properties.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I would like think things are looking good all over the world as well as our country. I am seeing tons of port a potties all over my town again, meaning construction is on the rise. I would hate to give Obama the credit because the world economy in general is also on the rise. But I have to admit I am in better shape now than I have been since Hurricane Charlie. How ever I down sized big time and no long have the huge expense of children in college.

I have one more in med school for 3 more years after this year. Maybe I can breathe easier after that. In the mean time you can send me any contributions if it would make you feel better.